ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Servicing costs on Dci

S2000

Can anybody explain this......

03 plate Dci80 18k service cost me a total of £155 from Camden Renault in Milton Keynes. £84 standard charge plus the parts.

36k service cost total of £368 from Renault London West. £240 standard charge plus the parts.

The only difference between the two services according to both the service handbook and the receipts is that the diesel filter (which costs £16.60 +vat) and air filter (which costs £10.56 +vat) are changed on the 36k service.

London West isnt a franchise dealer so that cant be blamed and also MK quoted "about £340" for the 36k as well. Whats going on??

Wayne

p.s also noticed today that MK put 5W 30 oil in on the 18k service and it states in the service book "Do not use 0W30, 5W30 or 10W30 grade oils in the diesel engines from the range." Grrrrrrr

[Edited by Slugger on 05 May 2004 at 10:57pm]

The normal service takes 1hr (the 18k one)

The 36k one takes 2.7 hrs. Need to check rear brakes (1/2 hrs) and change the filter (1/2 hr quoted for the filters) also a test drive

Its about £220 I think round here for the 36k one and I paid £99 for the 18k one (although I had a new tyre as well which cost £70)

If they have put the wrong oil in it there could be serious problem I forget what the codes for oil mean but if you can prove they stuck the wrong stuff in you could get it changed and if the engien fails due to oil etc they have to pay for any repairs etc