ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sh*t! went swimming in the clio :(

hiya guys,

really f**ked off today, was driving home from pontypridd on the A470 after seeing my girlfriend at about 1 this morning....started raining just b4 i left but absolutely started hammering it down ...car aquaplanned about 15 times and i didnt exceed 40mph all the way home...anyways starting going back through raydr and came to the lowest point of raydr underneath the bridge...was flooded to f**k but i thought "f**k it, its only about a foot deep"....was it f**k :( anyways...plows into it at about 30mph only to keep getting deeper and deeper!..stalled about midway though...and it wouldnt restart...eventually started it and drove home only to find ive ripped my k-tec racing kombat front splitter clean off :mad: went back to fish it out but it was broken in loads of places and now my headlights are all misted up and my foglights r full of water :( my own fault i know but really pissed off...rant over

ex Clio 172 owner :(

30mph? Are you for real?

Even at 1mph, deep water is best avoided. Think of your hot catalytic convertor, the fact that water could enter the exhaust, foglights, brakes etc.

Not very bright mate.... sorry, I know you realise your mistake anyway.

By the way - what language does raydr originate?

radyr is a place in cardiff, welsh boyo :oops: yeah i know, not fantastic plannin on my behalf...cheapest place i can find the Reiger clio 2 front apron is k-tec racing so far but gonna have a word with the bodyshop that fitted the kit originally as hes also a reiger dealer so fingers crossed he might feel sorry for me and give me a good discount

the road at the bottom off my estate gets flooded all the time and i woz on my way back home and this bit off road woz about half a foot deep and my engine woz hot due to drive home ne ways, so i went though the flooded road about 5mph and my zorst woz that hot, u shudda seen the steam coming off the zorst, i thought i blew my car up when i saw all the steam coming from the back off the car

Clio

Quote: Originally posted by kingJimBob on 12 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 12 August 2004

30mph? Are you for real?

yea everybody knows, take it at 130 and u just fly over ;)

did that in ma mr2 turbo @ 70 ITS JUST LIKE SKIMING A BRICK lol lost all the front underside :( it was what i expected anyways u dont do that kind a speed and get away scot free lol

Quote: Originally posted by T3ZJ on 13 August 2004

30mph? Are you for real?

did that in ma mr2 turbo @ 70 ITS JUST LIKE SKIMING A BRICK lol lost all the front underside :( it was what i expected anyways u dont do that kind a speed and get away scot free lol

ok mate when i said........ try it and 130, i was joking didnt expect u to go out and do it! :p

j/k

f**king love your MR2 mate, loads ppl seem to be going that way now, im veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery tempted.

Quote: Originally posted by davidol on 12 August 2004

radyr is a place in cardiff, welsh boyo :oops: yeah i know, not fantastic plannin on my behalf...cheapest place i can find the Reiger clio 2 front apron is k-tec racing so far but gonna have a word with the bodyshop that fitted the kit originally as hes also a reiger dealer so fingers crossed he might feel sorry for me and give me a good discount
Join ClioSport and you get a discount with K-Tec.

Clio

Quote: Originally posted by kingJimBob on 13 August 2004

Quote: Originally posted by T3ZJ on 13 August 2004

30mph? Are you for real?

ok mate when i said........ try it and 130, i was joking didnt expect u to go out and do it! :p

j/k

f**king love your MR2 mate, loads ppl seem to be going that way now, im veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery tempted.
its sold now mate :(

using ma clio dynamique as my main car VERY NICE CAR I MUST ADMIT