ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sh1t service from Car Electronics Ltd

Quick mail to let you know to be very carefull when dealing with Car Electronics Ltd Based in Notts.

Took my Pioneer p80mp in on the 26th of august because it kept turning it.s self off. They took the stereo out and replaced it with my standard one telling me that the wiring loom would need replacing. Seeing as i was away for the weekend and leaving the car at birmingham airport they said that they would keep the stereo and when the loom came in the would fit it. They promised me that it would be in on the 31st of August. When i phone to confirm it was there I was told it would be in on Friday 3rd of september. Friday came and when i phoned i was given a crap excuse about teh back holiday causing problems and the part woul be in on tuesday the 7th. Of course when tuesday came i phoned again to be fobbed off again and told that it would be this friday. Having no Faith in their promise i arrange for another company to get me a harness and fit it on the Friday. This morning i phoned them and told them i would be down at dinner to collect my stearo. they said that it would be o.k to do that. Just been down to be told that the unit has been sent to Leicester by mistake and there is no way to get it back till Friday. My G/F went in about 20 min after to find out what the hell was going on only to be lied to by the sale lad claiming that he told me a week ago the the unit was in leicester. This is the same bloke who told me it was away by mistake. The service is Crap and i now have a £400 unit that i can not get back.

Sorry to rant on but i am so pissed of with the service that i have to let off steam and warn everybody about their service

Paul

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

ring up leicester to confirm, in reality they shud just give u a replacement. otherwise threaten to take them to the trading standards.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

sh*t Service indeed, you have to kick up a stink to get these people to pay any attention...Id give them some stick.

I have phoned leicester who have now promised me that the unit will be back. on friday complete with the loom. They said that any unit in for repair always get sent to them. If this is always the case why didnt they tell me up front and then lye about it being sent by mistake. If they were honest about it all along I wouldnt be so pissed off.

Also I am very upset about the tone of voice/ manner in which i was spoken to by both leicester and nottigham whilst i was dealing with them.

G/f has just sent off a letter to The top director about the whole episode.

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 08 September 2004

sh*t Service indeed, you have to kick up a stink to get these people to pay any attention...Id give them some stick.

Got that mad about it i nearly dragged the fat C*nt across the counter

VaVa

A lad who was on the same college course as me used to work for Car Electronics in Derby. He was always selling head units on the cheap....

I would love to add properly to this post but i feel it would be deemed unprofessional as i run my own company less than 2 miles from said offender, but if anybody felt the need to drag an oversized gentleman over a shop counter and dig him in the head i can provide multimap directions to car electronics ...

paul

http://www.audio-one.co.ukwww.audio-one.co.uk

disclaimer.. i cannot be held responsible for any posts as password and username may be being used without my consent

golf

Thats pants mate! Ive bought alot of stuff from them before and theyve always been very helpfull. But in your case that is sh!te

cheers

Audio One

How Much do you charge for fitting a Head unit? I have got it booked in some where on Saturday. But this all hinges on the Arses at Cel getting the unit back to me on Friday (not too hopeful).

As long as its a straight forward iso fit then £20..

what most people dont realise about car electronics is that its actually 2 companies operating in the same building. the company/person you had a problem with is oakland electronics and they do all the installing for car electronics...

paul

www.audio-one.co.uk

Ive just had really crap service with Car Audio Centre. Sent them an email to get an address for their HQ but do u think ive got a reply?? hell no.

The Cardiff Branch is good and the people there are really nice. Notts and their call centre are right dickheads.