ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Share some oil

tiTTy & SV650

Anyone in the Glasgow / Central Scotland region fancy buying some Elf Excellium oil with me and sharing the cost? Im in no real rush as its a few thousand miles till my next oil change!

get the 24 litres from debra at total butler, it costs £64, thats for the proper 5w-40w elf synthetic stuff that renault recomends, and that is the delivered to your door price.

Dont think my folks would appreciate me leaving it all in their garage...

Rory it takes up very little space in the garage...................I bought it from Debz and it sounds bigger than it really is ;)

It would be better if someone who hasnt already bought from Debz splits it with you but if not then I will................Im in Dundee :cool:

Cya Stu

PS Im not in any rush either cause I have 18liters left..............but if you want me to go halfers then just say when yeah!

RS Clio 182

How does it come stusV6? In lots of smaller bottles or in a couple of larger containers. Im looking for some too Rory but think ill just go for the 24 litres as ill go through it no probs. If you can order slightly more than 24 litres then find out and ill order more. I live near Paisley so Glasgow aint that far away. I phoned today and they were absolutely useless. Debra wasnt in and the girl said it wasnt possible to deliver to Scotland. I will phone back tomorrow.

id easily take some of it of your hands, want to get some of this stuff, but dont have a lot of storage space. I reckon i could store about 6 two litre bottles nae bother.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by CMRsi on 08 February 2005

id easily take some of it of your hands, want to get some of this stuff, but dont have a lot of storage space. I reckon i could store about 6 two litre bottles nae bother.
Alwight, you in any rush to get some? Im on 13k miles so not planning an oil change till 18k now. So thatll be a few months...

Where abouts you based?

Cheers, Rory

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 07 February 2005

Rory it takes up very little space in the garage...................I bought it from Debz and it sounds bigger than it really is ;)

It would be better if someone who hasnt already bought from Debz splits it with you but if not then I will................Im in Dundee :cool:

Cya Stu

PS Im not in any rush either cause I have 18liters left..............but if you want me to go halfers then just say when yeah!
cheers for the offer, might come back to you...

Ziel Nurburgring

Honestly its tiny, and then it allows you to change the oil every 6K. Wouldnt take much more space than case of lager.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 08 February 2005

Honestly its tiny, and then it allows you to change the oil every 6K. Wouldnt take much more space than case of lager.
theres that and the fact that Id rather spend £32 than £64... lol I saw the pics on another thread - know what size it is relative to a cat.

RS Clio 182

How on earth do I order this oil. Debz is never in and everybody i speak to says they dont deliver!

Quote: Originally posted by Extreme Kennedy on 08 February 2005

How on earth do I order this oil. Debz is never in and everybody i speak to says they dont deliver!
you do have to speak to debra as the others cant be arsed, just keep trying, i dont know what were going to do when debz leaves there ??

The number is..........01977 603363...........just ask for Debra

you musts speak to Debra................not because its illegal or anything like that.................but Debz is the only one who will organise it for us.

So just call and ask for Debra................if she isnt there leave your number and she will call you back.

Cya Stu

Im going to give her a call tomorow to see if she can show someone else what is involved so that we can add another name to the contact list...........will let you know :cool:

Cya Stu

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 08 February 2005

Im going to give her a call tomorow to see if she can show someone else what is involved so that we can add another name to the contact list...........will let you know :cool:

Cya Stu
good idea that mate, let us know

RS Clio 182

Would be good stusV6. Ive called twice and Debz wasnt in. The others dont have a clue or are not prepared to help. Either way would be good if a contact was added.

At the mo they normally only deal with the trade and Debz is the only one prepared to put her self about to help..............but as I say I dont think it will be too much trouble for someone else to do it and that will be another name added to the list which should mean that when anyone calls there will always be someone there to take and arrange the order :D

Watch this space tomorow 1st thing :)

If possible it might also be an idea for the Mods to put a lock on this cause it comes up all the time these days.

Cya Stu

PS that should be 1000 posts now :D

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Ill be ordering some oil soon, ready for my 24k service.

Congrats on the 1000 posts Stu, I hit 3000 today.

Mk2 172 (Silver)

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 08 February 2005

Ill be ordering some oil soon, ready for my 24k service.

Congrats on the 1000 posts Stu, I hit 3000 today.
i was about to phone her today to order some ready for my 24k service. ill just have to try tomorrow now. i wont use all of mine, so your welcome to take half of it, if you dont want to order a whole batch?

When I phone Ill ask if its possible for them to make up packs of 12 liters aswell as the 24 :D....................although I think 24 liter packs is their minimum.

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 08 February 2005 at 4:21pm]

Rory, Ive PMd you (Im ineterested in splitting 24 litres of 5w-40 oil).

Or, anyone else for that matter: Im looking for oil but am kinda skint - £32 would be a preferable hit than £64...

PM me if youre in the central Scotland area and fancy sharing some oil!

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 08 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by CMRsi on 08 February 2005

Alwight, you in any rush to get some? Im on 13k miles so not planning an oil change till 18k now. So thatll be a few months...

Where abouts you based?

Cheers, Rory
im in glasgow, west end. not any huge rush for me either, bought a wee bottle of halfords stuff the other week to keep it topped up

Once you have managed to get hold of Debz, and order your oil, you will be sent an account number. So this should mean that if you need any more in the future anyone there should be able to handle your order.

Or, if someone who has already ordered, and therefore got an account set up, is close enough to you, they could order it for you and you go round and pay them for it.

So if anyone in the Oldham area needs some, give us a shout.

OK guys here we go....................Ive just spoken to Debz and she IS in today her hours are 8.30 to 4.30 with lunch from 1pm to 2pm.

Also she says its best if we use Debz as our point of contact and the number is 01977 603363.

Cya Stu

PS I dont think she wroks weekends but maybe someone who calls today can ask the question and update here yeah.