ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sharing application data between users on Mac?

A silver one
Hello,

So I've bought Angry Birds for Mac and want to know if there's any way that 2 user accounts can stay in sync with each other. Basically when the other half logs on to her account she is having to start Angry Birds from scratch. Is there any way around this?

cheers,
Matt

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Possibly find the .plist and copy it over to the other user library. You would have to do this each time you advance in the game though, if it even works.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Assuming it stores the game data in a plist file, you could create a folder that is read & writeable from both user accounts, copy the plist to that folder, delete the plist from both accounts and then create a symlink in the original location on both accounts to the shared plist file.

That will probably do what you want.

A silver one
Massive thanks for that guys.

Keep your eyes peeled for tomorrows thread, 'How do I create a folder that is read & writeable from both user accounts, copy the plist to that folder, delete the plist from both accounts and then create a symlink in the original location on both accounts to the shared plist file?'

cheers,
Matt

Last edited:
  A silver one
So I've found 2 'plist's. The first is info.plist (2kb), the second is infoplist.strings (92 bytes). I am right in assuming it's the first?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
So I've found 2 'plist's. The first is info.plist (2kb), the second is infoplist.strings (92 bytes). I am right in assuming it's the first?

Those are in the application bundle, you need the settings in the user library folder, it'll probably be called something like com.rovio.angrybirds.plist or something!