ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

She is home. Meg 275 trophy content.

Megane 275 trophy006
So Friday I said a tearful farewell to my 197. Signed the rest of the paperwork, service plan stuff. Got the keys, a quick demo of the rs monitor (I still don't know what everything it does)
Checked they'd changed the tyres, I'd noticed they were low when I brought it but 4 new bridgestones ready to go.

Anyway a few pictures
2XabeDk.png

ACZiYCG.png

XH3hCAc.png

grrwoF4.png

It's such a nice place to sit, Renault really upped their game from when the 197 was released.
2cuEFrZ.png

After a quick clean from the long drive on Friday
A0eKmTx.png

And of course I had to look under the plastic engine cover
hTiFRX1.png

Megane 275 trophy006
It's been a few years of drooling over every Megane 250^ Before I've been in a position to just go and get one. Probably still a bit sooner then is sensible tbh but when the right one shows up it's so so hard to walk away.

It's a great car and very capable.
The trophy R looks crazy but for me this one is best of both. Can be used as a daily and then can be thrown about on a track when the time comes.

Megane 275 trophy006
They are standard on all the 275. I'm on the fence but they are growing on me and chances are they would cost a fortune to replace if I did remove them (because R£nault)

Scared my brother yesterday, he was standing behind it and I put a little pressure on the accelerator, forgetting it was in sport mode, and it shot a blue flame out. Never had a car that did that before.

Megane 275 trophy006
Thanks she is my pride and joy and I love the fact that most people do a double take when they see its a young looking woman driving it XD
I've worked my ass off for this car so happy with it though

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I genuinely love these. What's the spec? Akra, renaultsport monitor, Recaros? Ohlins?

Liquid yellow suits the facelift so well. I really don't like it on the 250/old 265s

And regarding the stickers. My little rear bumper vinyl cost £50.

£50, and it barely covers a corner.

I'd hate to see the price of your rear quarter stickers.

Thanks she is my pride and joy and I love the fact that most people do a double take when they see its a young looking woman driving it XD
I've worked my ass off for this car so happy with it though

Pics of young looking woman?

Megane 275 trophy006
Yeah the ride is great, I have it soft because the roads I use are a nightmare and anything else will break my spine lol

2 things it doesn't have, powerfold mirrors and a pano sunroof.

I gathered they'd be mega money as the R27 ones aren't cheap at all.

I'm not hard to fine but I'm not putting pictures up on here. Most people probably know who I am from Facebook pages and my old clio 197

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah the ride is great, I have it soft because the roads I use are a nightmare and anything else will break my spine lol

2 things it doesn't have, powerfold mirrors and a pano sunroof.

I gathered they'd be mega money as the R27 ones aren't cheap at all.

I'm not hard to fine but I'm not putting pictures up on here. Most people probably know who I am from Facebook pages and my old clio 197

Oh I don't know how I'd do without folding mirrors after this and the civic lol.

It sounds like an awesomely specced car though, what are the recaros trimmed in?

lol I was only (kind of) joking about the pics.

...honest :blush:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I really like the stickers personally, they're not quite as out there as the Trophy R but just look well placed.

All the Trophy 275s do.

The Ohlins are a 2k option...

For trackday enthusiasts, the real performance gains come from a pair of options, both of which were fitted to our test car. For £2,000 Renaultsport will factory fit fully-adjustable Ohlins suspension (although you’ll have to get you hands dirty and change each corner manually), while Michelin has developed a set of Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres specifically for this car.

Megane 275 trophy006
Yeah I had powerfold on my clio and yes they are set so they are a 'softer' ride but if I want I can change it. Tbf on 19s it's as low as I'm comfortable having it. Speed bump central where I drive.

Only the trophy R had them as standard.

Recaros are leather and alecantra with red Detailing. Also has some carbon weave effect material around the top shoulder parts. I'll get pictures tomorrow.

It's on 6.5k mileage.

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
The Ohlins are a 2k option...

For trackday enthusiasts, the real performance gains come from a pair of options, both of which were fitted to our test car. For £2,000 Renaultsport will factory fit fully-adjustable Ohlins suspension (although you’ll have to get you hands dirty and change each corner manually), while Michelin has developed a set of Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres specifically for this car.
Ouch!
Didn't read like they were an option on the website- though I've not enquired further.

These have massively grown on me, looks wise. Think the subtle facelift updates looks brilliant.
What are they like for reliability, or is it same old Renault?

Megane 275 trophy006
Only issues I've heard and that's gearbox mounts and something else but they are fairly solid even the 250s I've not heard of a lot of problems about.

Compared to the mk2 Megane Renault steeped their game up.

Shot of the recaros (The steering wheel is trimmed in alcantra)
L4rwQr2.png

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car! I really wish I lived closer to work so I didn't need a nice commuter car as well a second fun car. Then I'd have one of these in a heartbeat.

Megane 275 trophy006
Nope it's staying standard till warranty is up. Got a few years yet though.

I've run a clio 197 as an 80 mile daily commute car. This is cheaper lol

Megane 275 trophy006
Stu that's the trophy R. Even more limited and the one that took the ring back for Renault.
I 'tested' mine and that was it. They really are great cars.

Clio 220 Trophy
Lovely, congrats. Brilliant aren't they? Looks very shiny- must have had special treatment for all the press content. What do you think of that Akrapovic in sport mode? [emoji4]

Track 172 Cup
Yeah seen it was the R as the standard Trophy was about 6-7k cheaper. Wonder how well these will hold their value. I'm tempted but really fancy the new Focus RS if Ford ever give us a release date lol.

Last edited:
  Megane 275 trophy006
When you only have an iPhone you make do.

Love the noise the Akropovic makes. It's nice in normal mode but in sports it really gets mean and pops a lot.

Let's hope Ford sort out how easily their cars are being taken. Atm they seem to be the car thiefs choice.

Renault reckon that they should still be about 15k ish in 5 years time and looking at early 250s I reckon 10-15 is around right depending on condition and mileage. The R will always hold its value much better then the normal trophy version.

Track 172 Cup
I love the seats in your Trophy more than the standard ones in the R. I think I may go test the Trophy lol just for the sake of it, if the Trophy-R was a few grand cheaper I would be very much considering it (even though the Trophy-R is only £415 to insure a year which I was pretty shocked at tbh)