ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shiny Green Sheep (Polishing Related Thread!)

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I had promised to give Saner's 'Green Sheep' the PC polisher treatment, so as today was forecast to be dry, we gave it a go.

About five and a half hours later, this was the result:

saner5.jpg

saner6.jpg

saner7.jpg

saner1.jpg

saner2.jpg

saner3.jpg

saner4.jpg

Pretty pleased with the finish, came up better than I expected.

It better be clean next time I see it Jon! ;)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
BIIIIIGGGGG Thanks to Nik for all his hard work, there was mark on the roof the that was very bad and you can hardly even notice it now! Its a pity the Sun didn't come out to shine on the finished product because it would have shown that it look miles better!

Freebone, Nik made a suggestion so you might just be getting your way ;) !

Mini Cooper S sport
Oooh nice job Nik! Very shiny, I'm impressed.

What's up with the front splitter, did Saner go so fast it melted? ;)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Racing Blue said:
Oooh nice job Nik! Very shiny, I'm impressed.

What's up with the front splitter, did Saner go so fast it melted? ;)

Thats my second Splitter :( . I think it wants to get as far away from my driving as possible!

A well built VW
Wish somebody near me had one of these, Saner looks mint now and those wheels even look good with the drop Hows the handling after losing the 16's ?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
oo, somebody noticed! Well, they are 14"'s on very s**t tyres, there was a little more body roll and the ride was noticablly smoother. The 16's are off for a refurb and new tyres. I'd have to say I prefer the 14's as a daily driver, but as soon as it comes to actully USING the car, they fall very short.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
mnnn looks sooo good, my 200sx needs a pc... nik or ne 1 else fancy earning some pennys???

looking alot better, did Nik manage to get the swirling out of the paint, bit hard to tell from the pics due to the lighting and how close they were taken.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I think most of the swirls are either gone or at least much less noticable, although the roof did still have some i think. I'm sure under Brazo's trusty 500w halogen lamp you'd see some swirls, but in general was a much better finish. The paint looks a lot cleaner and deeper in colour.

Be interesting to know what Brazo, 182_Blue and r-jay would suggest to top it with. I reckon that green would come up well with something that gives a dark wet look to the paint.

106 GTi
Nice work Nik- great job on the polishing.

Loony said:
Be interesting to know what Brazo, 182_Blue and r-jay would suggest to top it with. I reckon that green would come up well with something that gives a dark wet look to the paint.

Wax wise, I would probaly go with P21s.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Spanking gorgeous colour :) I always like the Mk2 Ph1 in that colour

Colourcode it m8 - you know you want to ;)
Turni's would look sweet when it's colourcoded too

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
PC stands for Porter Cable, which is an electric polisher!

Looking out the Window now with the sun shinning down on itit looks great! Can't wait to have the wheels done and the skirts fitted.

I would colour code some of the bits but I just can't afford it at the time being!

Octavia VRS
Saner I think your car is mint mate, looks the dogs b****cks with the Turinis on and doesn't look too bad with the standard 14" either. Came up really well. I wouldn't colour code it (well not fully)

A well built VW
Martin_89 said:
looking good.

colour code the handles, spoiler and fog surrounds, leave the plastic on the bumpers and doors black, looks better that way

Yeah just what i have planned for the springtime seems a more common choice these days than the full colour coding just wish i could afford a PC Do the scottish boys wanna do a group buy and we can all have joint custody lol

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Have to dissagree with that^^ i think on the poverty spec models, the black on the handels, fogs and spoiler help break it up, but its all opinion!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The Big Yin said:
Yeah just what i have planned for the springtime seems a more common choice these days than the full colour coding just wish i could afford a PC Do the scottish boys wanna do a group buy and we can all have joint custody lol

if i had a PC id end up taking all the paint of the fukin car, im useless when it comes to that. one of the scottish boys buy one then we can all chip in to get ours done!

Martin_89 said:
if i had a PC id end up taking all the paint of the fukin car, im useless when it comes to that. one of the scottish boys buy one then we can all chip in to get ours done!

Unless you put a sanding disc on it you should be fine, lol. They are random orbit so it doesnt focus on or heat up parts of the panel like a rotary can if used incorrectly. Obviously the like of Brazo r-jay and 182_blue will get better results but even someone new to using one can get the car looking better than it was and with no damage to the paint.