ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shock Horror!!! - Cup owner admission...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
...another boring post about the heat...

Lovin' it, windows down, shades on...

Actually, no I fcuking don't, I hate having to open all windows/doors for ten minutes before I go anywhere so everything can cool down, I hate feeling sweat run down my back/front/side, I dread seeing brake lights in front of me 'cause I know that means I'm gonna be stationery and there'll be no air movement at all, I hate seeing other cars with their windows up (smug b@$tards)...I wish I had air conditioning. :eek:

Don't worry, I'll come over all hardcore later and normal service will be resumed. Someone pass me another cola ice-pop?

Thanks.

SLK 350
LOL Finally!

But at least you can get through the lights before they change with your 0.1 second speed advantage ;)

Anymore for anymore!!! Roll-up it's high time for Cup crackage!

I literally haven't been able to touch my steering wheel in certain places the last two days leaving from work, incredibly hot.

I admit for the first time in 18 months I've wanted aircon these last 2 days, it's really not pretty when you get out of the car and look at your clothes!

172cup
have to agree on this one...

when we do get our 2 days of British summertime... i wish i had air con.

But apart from that... never needed it or wanted it.

R26
I have the FF version and I only use the aircon for a short amount of time every couple of weeks to keep the system working properly. I'd much rather drive with the windows open than waste the extra petrol!

106 GTi
It's nice to hear from a cup boy ;) it's well worth having it for those 2 days a year it is warm ;)

donofkarma, sod the petrol costs, who cares! Do you think that each time you nail the throttle?

Oms how cold does that bad boy keep stuff?

Black/Gold 182
donofkarma said:
I have the FF version and I only use the aircon for a short amount of time every couple of weeks to keep the system working properly. I'd much rather drive with the windows open than waste the extra petrol!

Driving with the windows open is the worst way to increase petrol consumption! It kills you MPG because it adds to the drag on the car.

Putting the a/c on with "recycle" air button is the best.

Clio 197
^^

As long as stuff is already cold when you put it in, it'll keep things cool forever (as long as it's kept running).

I'm getting a a separate leisure battery (small'ish one), so that it keeps running while the ignition is off (without draining the main battery). :D

106 GTi
Sounds ideal for summer days out. Maybe the Cup boys can rest one on there drivers seat and sit in it ;)

R26
JBarber said:
Driving with the windows open is the worst way to increase petrol consumption! It kills you MPG because it adds to the drag on the car.

But when you are doing no more than 30mph for most of your journey and not revving past 3k will it still make a diiference???

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
JBarber said:

Someones ones talking out of their arse....

Clart said:

Nope, its even in the clio book. I quote:"Driving with the windows open increase fuel consumption by over 4% when travelling at a speed of 60mph".

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
yeah perhaps at 60mph but not for town driving or when in traffic. as decribed in marks first post

Clio 172 mk2
donofkarma said:

I'm the same.....pretty tight with the aircon:D

MKIII 138
im guessing its a lot hotter in the south where you guys must be, its around 31deg in the afternoon in york parked in some shade but not cool shade i get in the cup and im fine with the windows down, in fact once the temp is at 27deg in afternoon its completley fine which is ok, doesnt help if your out in the afternoon sun of course but i have a job so it 5pm before i walk to my car its still hot but i dont have to feel it so much, on a weekend i wouldnt bother driving in the afternoon or late mornin due to the heat.

Monaco Blue 172
MarkCup said:
Actually, no I fcuking don't, I hate having to open all windows/doors for ten minutes before I go anywhere so everything can cool down, I hate feeling sweat run down my back/front/side, I dread seeing brake lights in front of me 'cause I know that means I'm gonna be stationery and there'll be no air movement at all
aah the memories. being stuck in queues on the m5 for at least an hour in blazing sunshine (a month ago, i might add. This summer is shaping up to be more than 2 days long!) no respite. :dead:

well not anymore :rasp: (smug b*stardess has left the building)

133/225/CLS AMG
Quit ya whining, better to be in a car with the windows down than a packed train with no breeze! lol

Tangoed Works
Even though I have CC, I dont even bother with it. Even down here in London with the 35 degree+ temperature. Love the breezy holiday feel! Thank god the seats arent full leather.

What I dont get is this supposed heat reflecting windscreen, I still cant touch the bloody steering wheel it gets that hot!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Opening the windows is like leaving the door open on the fridge, it just lets all the warm air in :clown:

Stuff fuel economy, if it gets any hotter i'm sleeping out in the car.

M2 Competition
I didnt realise that when not in the car the seatbelt is hidden from the rays of the sun, whereas my harnesses sit right in the middle of the seats...

I put them on the other day wearing a vest after the car had been sat in the sun and swear i got third degree burns!

But other than that i love summer, wouldnt use aircon if i had it :)

Clio 1.4 16v
Clart said:

No no, what he said is true to some extent, does anybody watch mythbusters?? On there they proved that up to 55mph its more economical to have the windows open, but above 55mph it better to shut all windows and turn on the aircon (if you have it)

RB 200 Cup!
air con is nice but you cant beat open windows and a good breeze.

Plus i dont use my aircon that much - gave me a sore throat for a few hours the other day - lol

BMW E46 330i Touring
So, it's dangerous in the winter, autumn and most of spring due to rain... and now you moan about the summer too!?! Bloody Cup drivers... ;)

VaVa
As a side note, I had my aircon regassed by a mate - It wasn't bad before but it's MILES colder now it's been refreshed. Well worth the money imho.

And as for the 2 days a year it's hot in this country..... are we not into about the 5th or 6th week of weather above 20 degrees??!

It's been gorgeous for weeks!! British summertime rules!!

Monaco Blue 172
Timmay said:
air con is nice but you cant beat open windows and a good breeze.
all very well unless u have long hair and dont want to arrive at your destination looking like something the cat dragged in! :eek:

i try not to run the a/c all the time but today i think i will just have to! :dead:

BMW E46 330i Touring
Where's the best place in general to get aircon re-gassed? Mine needs doing I think... Renault dealerships?

R26
Nik said:
Opening the windows is like leaving the door open on the fridge, it just lets all the warm air in :clown:

Stuff fuel economy, if it gets any hotter i'm sleeping out in the car.

Lol!

But when you leave the fidge door open it starts working harder to keep the contents cool and it effectively works as a heater for the room! Pointless fact for you there!

Ads_172 said:
Where's the best place in general to get aircon re-gassed? Mine needs doing I think... Renault dealerships?
Someone like Clarkie might be able to do it.

I know Rentech charge £50 for a re-gas.