ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shooting a rabbit in the face with a Canon.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Should sort out the illiterate among us. ;)

3618960145_a165418067.jpg

3619783406_00e13ca86e.jpg

3619792340_04e68da3bb.jpg

3619801038_435a6de308.jpg

Got a few more that I might upload later, but they're all much of a muchness. Taken at Rixton Nature Reserve.

Ian. :)

Works...kind of...
Wow, wonderfully sharp shots there dude! :)

What lens did you use, if you don't mind my asking?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Thanks again everyone. :)

Nice pics Ian - nothing wrong with that lens, lovely and sharp and nice bokeh.

Yep finally happy with the lens after seeing these - hardly had any PP tweaking either, which is something I'm trying to aim for. Think it's my inability to aim properly that's leading to a few duff shots; took a few of dragonflies but they were out of focus.

I'm disappointed tbh... not at all what I was expecting!!

Lol you sicken me. :rasp: You been out with the camera much dude?

Wow, wonderfully sharp shots there dude! :)

What lens did you use, if you don't mind my asking?

It's the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM lens pal. Was going to get a cheaper lens but I knew I'd only upgrade. Have a word with Kelso on Talk Photography if you're ever after one (Canon lenses mainly) as he sells them for cheap and if you go through there you don't pay the eBay charge either (He also has an eBay shop). Still maintains international warranty too.

OMG thats ace, how'd it let you get so close. Bless. Not as cute as mine though

Seemed very trusting tbh, just kept quiet and walked slowly, let me get to within 2 metres I'd say. :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
No, because A: I'm clueless... and B: I keep moving b*****d houses!! Come show me what to do LOL!!

Lol you vagabond. :) When are you back in your car? Get yourself to the next NW meet or FCS and I'll run you through it! Or alternatively, have a look at ukaskew's guides, many words of wisdom in them. They won't be strictly accurate for the Fuji, but the principles are the same.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Good shots. 2nd is the pick of them for me. I like unusual crops.

How you finding the new lens?

Cheers Dan. The new lens is like nothing I'm used to - taking me a while to get used to it, had to learn to accommodate the fact that it's both longer and lacks IS compared to the kit lens. As a lens though it's brilliant, really sharp and the colours and bokeh it produces are excellent. Paul's shots show what it's capable of. :)

Cheers Dan. The new lens is like nothing I'm used to - taking me a while to get used to it, had to learn to accommodate the fact that it's both longer and lacks IS compared to the kit lens. As a lens though it's brilliant, really sharp and the colours and bokeh it produces are excellent. Paul's shots show what it's capable of. :)

Yeah you do have to pay attention to the shutter speed and bump the ISO as necessary to maintain nice sharp shots....I still forget. The IS version would be great, however it comes at a great price ;)

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
I think these are cool, my girlfriend will love these, she is always looking out for rabbits when we go on country drives.