ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shopping Basket at Halfords

182FF c/w Recaros
OK, going to give my car a clean at the weekend so need to buy the goodies to do this:D

Not got anything at the moment so guessing i'll need some Shampoo, wax/polish, Chamois leather, cleaning sponge/one of those things you put on your hand:S , perhaps somethingh to keep the wheels looking mint, etc etc.

Any suggestions, types, what manufacturers etc etc:cheers:

RS Meg 175
You'll get spammed by the detailing gods in around 3 mins but heres what i would go for if your using halfordo's lol

Lambs wool wash mitt
Meguairs NXT shampoo / Gold Class
Microfibre Cloths
Aplicator Pads
Maybe Some Clay
AutoGlym Super resin Polish
AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection

Would give you pretty darn good results on any car, but i would be inclined to go online and get yourself a nice carnauba wax and sealant p21's nattys etc.

Goodluck

BMW E46 330i Touring
As above, Megs Gold Class is a good shampoo and the AG SRP and EGP are a good polish and wax. The clay is optional really, depending how rough your paintwork feels, and you'll also need a microfibre waffleweave drying towel (or whatever variant AG / Meguiars make), as these are better than a cheap chamois and will help avoid swirls...

106 GTi
If it has to be Halfords

Halfords Lambs wool wash mitt
Meguiars Gold Class Wash
Meguiars Quick Clay Kit
Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
Autoglym Vinyl and Ruber Care
Autoglym Bumper Care Gel

I would advise getting some decent Microfibers, applicators, leather care and a good wax online to allow you to get better products at a better price.

ST
Rich said:
If it has to be Halfords

Halfords Lambs wool wash mitt - Can get a better yet cheaper one from: http://www.carwashnwax.com/10278/info.php?p=6&cat=20156

Meguiars Gold Class Wash - Not bad tho again you can get the same quality if not better for cheaper from: http://www.carwashnwax.com/10278/info.php?p=6&pno=0&pid=630360&cat=20192&ack=9&search=&sought=

Meguiars Quick Clay Kit - Wouldn't change the megs clay as its spot on.

Autoglym Super Resin Polish - AG SRP as Rich said.

Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection - As above

Autoglym Vinyl and Ruber Care - " "

Autoglym Bumper Care Gel - " "

I would advise getting some decent Microfibers, applicators, leather care and a good wax online to allow you to get better products at a better price.

Good quality microfibers and applicators are a must....

http://www.carwashnwax.com/10278/info.php?p=14&pno=0

The microfiber applicator pads are the best applicating pads i've ever used as they wont scratch the paint when applying polish, sealant or wax to the paint.

The ultra plush towels are good for drying as they can cover a large area...the 6pk work towels are also very good for buffing off polish or wax.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Alan said:
Indeed matey...what have you bought lately from David?? ^^

Last thing i bought was a gallon size of extreme body wash n wax shampoo , still the best shampoo in my opinion and 32oz quick detailer .

Whens it gonna stop raining tho' :( its needs a good wash , polish n wax .

106 GTi
The only down side I have found to MF foam hand pads is they seem to absorb and waste alot more product than foam ones. Great for getting sealants on extremely thin though.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Your right Rich , they do absorb / waste slighly more product , but i think its only minimal . I find they are easier to hold than the yellow megs applicators . Nothing wrong with the yellow ones imo but its down to personal preference . On the plus side i think you can apply the product quicker than the yellow megs ones .

106 GTi
I tend to use the MF ones for Sealants and Liquid Waxes, and yellow foam ones for Paste Waxes, and any Hand Polishing or Glazing.

ST
MRBILLYUK said:
Last thing i bought was a gallon size of extreme body wash n wax shampoo , still the best shampoo in my opinion and 32oz quick detailer .

Whens it gonna stop raining tho' :( its needs a good wash , polish n wax .

Yeah it sucks eh....i jus got my pc polisher on tuesday night ffs!!

al

ST on the way...
Washed mine tonight, not raining at all.

Applied some of the Ez-Glaze I got from David by PC, wiped off fine, applied M-Seal and by the time i'd left it to cure the car was covered in bloody condensation!!

Will have to sort it out in the morning!

Inferno 182
Just the advice I needed!

I just bought my Inferno Orange 182 and wanted to know how to keep it looking fantastic! Only thing I would ask is does anyone have a preference of what to use interior-wise?

106 GTi
Interior -

Plastics: Poorboys Natural Look, and Meguiars Interior Quick Deatiler

Leather: Einzett 1Z Leather Care and Zaino Z10

Inferno 182
Once we get the house finished (just moved in a few months ago so still painting and decorating) I will hopefully be getting two more kittens which will of course be trained as Security Personnel to guard the Clio....