ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i buy a second hand 172

Hi guys and gals,

some of you may remember me some may not I used to be a member on here.

Basically i have been offered a top price for my clio dynamique which has had a lot of mods on it particularly in the ICE dept. Tvs 140db sound quality award winning etc

I was thinking of investing the cash in a Second hand 172 with around 20000 - 25000 miles on it around the 8000 - 9000 pound mark leaving myself a bit of cash to do a few mods

any problems i should know about ?

can any one recommend the 172 to me?

or any one think it will not be a wise purchase second hand? for what eva reason?
im open to all advice and it would be much appreciated

thanks

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by DynamiqueDick on 15 March 2005

I was thinking of investing the cash in a Second hand 172 with around 20000 - 25000 miles on it around the 8000 - 9000 pound mark leaving myself a bit of cash to do a few mods

any problems i should know about ?

can any one recommend the 172 to me?

or any one think it will not be a wise purchase second hand? for what eva reason?
im open to all advice and it would be much appreciated

Buy mine! Then I can get a 182! 03 black 172 *looks hopeful*

well yeah 172s are great i hav a cup an luv it and as the 182 has come out prices have droped and there are lots out there. buy from a dealer as you will have waranty but may be more, so will prob be cheaper to go private? tha cup is great a "Real" drivers car! and IMO looks better than normal 172s but then u dont get half leather and exrtas, i do have climate control + Air-con so i do have some extras! its down to you realy go for a test drive in both a cup an non cup and you cant see what u like then....mk2 will be at good prices now an mk1 wil be even cheaper..

Recently bought a Ph2 172 with 19k miles on it for £7,800 from Daipac. It compares very well with my old 16V and Williams, but has the bonus of no problems or niggles. Not sure about moding one though - depends what you have in mind!

Thanks for the offers of cars, still scoping the situation out at the mo although have recieved a very tempting PM

Jay - Thanks for the little speil I did not think about the Cup model actually may be worth driving the two as you suggest. thanks again

Yeah seems a bargain some on the 172s I have seen very attractive. I never really contemplated buying one till i realised the price they were going for.

Thanks Ben,

only a few small things alloys, full system exhaust filter super chip just the usual maybe a ktr kit if im feeling daring!!!

MKIII 138

yes.

buy mine. really cheap 53reg 30k miles. koni adjustables, green panel filter, tasteful alloys (bit lighter than standard) but all standard bits included.

you name a price ? il probably beat it

Mike HI!!! hows things!

thanks for all comments guys at the moment struggling on inusrance quotes all averaging £2000!! chepeast has been £1700 if ican get it down to £1500 i will defo be buying one no doubt! the old man is in the insurance game so i have him on the case.

Alternative option is a wait for it.............

Honda:devilish:Civic Type S the 1.6 V tec as i can get insured easily on one of them gutted about the 172 at the mo really fancied the power under my feet!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

i would test both the 172 and the 172 cup as you may prefer the handling of one over the other depending on your needs, i have to say that 172 cups are v v v cheap at the moment, but 172s still deserve a look as well as you may want the extra toys.

go on and make someone happy off this forum and buy theres!!!;)