ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should I chip my 182?

renault clio
Hi peeps.

Had my cliosport 182 with full cup packs for just over a year now. Dont like over the top mods but somtimes I can not leave anything standard!!

Iv'e fitted speedline turrinis, smoked rear lights, K-Tec Induction system and am just waiting for my Carbon Fibre Bonnet (non vented).

Have a bit of spare cash and want to increase the performance somehow.

My question is: Would chipping it be a good option? and if so who should I use? Im based in Northamptonshire. Heard Jam Sport are ok.

P.S. Are the mods that I have fitted Chav? Id hate people to think I was a chavo!!!

Honest anwsers/opinion please!!!!

BMW M135i
Unless you've done mods elsewhere don't bother. And then you'd want a custom remap not a shitty off the shelf jobbie.

Ultra Red Megane 175
Don't like the sound of those "smoked rear lights", it looks like a boy racer who has stretched his mother's tights over them.

I think the chip / remap is more worthwhile in conjunction with other engine mods (although I'm no expert!).

renault clio
How much for a chip and remap then and what BHP increase would I gain?

And again cheers for all your help. Might have to fit my original lights back on the car now!!!

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
When I had mine, I got it mapped by rstuning.co.uk Paul.

It did feel a lot better. I did have a few mods though, panel filter full ss inc decat.

Clio 172 mk2
smoked lights don't sound too good

I think the general consensus on CS is that lighting should be left standard

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Cheers Gazmar1. Have you done much to your clio?
jst replaced bushes with polybushes(powerflex).. apex springs -40mm.. tints.. buckets.. respray in original colour (mondial blue).. ktr carbon splitter.. ashley m/s exhaust.. new spec rs & clio badges........

on the way is maxogen ind kit.. 17" white turini's.. remap & big brakes.;)

already remapped my golf gttdi 130 2 180bhp

a thirsty one
once you have changed your filter and exhaust (cat back/ de cat or with silenced de-cat) all persoanl preffernce really then chip it, it will get the most out of the mods you have done.

dont expect huge gains but this is about as far as you can go without spending some serious money.

i have filter and btb system fitted and saving for remap. then i will be done for performance mods.

once you have changed your filter and exhaust (cat back/ de cat or with silenced de-cat) all persoanl preffernce really then chip it, it will get the most out of the mods you have done.

dont expect huge gains but this is about as far as you can go without spending some serious money.

i have filter and btb system fitted and saving for remap. then i will be done for performance mods.

probably better off getting the inlets matched too ???

a thirsty one
i was thinking about this but after speaking to a couple of people that have had it done im not sure im going to do it, it seems 172's and maybe early 182's get some quite good results from this matching but later RS inlet manifolds on later 182's and trophys dont get the same gains.

all depends how bad your cast inlet is, if i had a 172 or early non rs 182 i would deff get it done but i dont think i am going to do it. i am hopping to have my car rr with another 182 same mods as mine but with matched inlets and chip (both have panel filter and btb system at the moment) that should be interesting.

i was thinking about this but after speaking to a couple of people that have had it done im not sure im going to do it, it seems 172's and maybe early 182's get some quite good results from this matching but later RS inlet manifolds on later 182's and trophys dont get the same gains.

all depends how bad your cast inlet is, if i had a 172 or early non rs 182 i would deff get it done but i dont think i am going to do it. i am hopping to have my car rr with another 182 same mods as mine but with matched inlets and chip (both have panel filter and btb system at the moment) that should be interesting.

Yep tru the RS inlets are very good compared to the mk2 172 phases , you wont notice the gains as much i suppose .