ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I? clio cup with 71k

325ci sport cab 2004
Seen one for sale, 52 plate clio cup, trade sale for 5995. 1 owner and full history.

It's based just over 100 miles away but what do you guys and girls think, forget it or go for it with that kinda mileage

Thanks

Ed

cock mobile.
If it has full sevice history and everythings been changed when it needs to be then it should be good for a fair few miles yet without trouble!

cock mobile.
Yer defo worth koncking that price down (probably a bit high as it is)! And get a serviced thrown in etc.

Price is way too high, plus you've got to remember the 72k service is a biggy with the cambelt replacement, not cheap!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
way too much mula, a silver 172 went for 6.2k last wk. 24k miles and mint cond...hang fire.

Renaultsport Clio 182
Can't say I'd fancy one with that amount of money. Hang on for a bit, see if you can find one for the same(ish) price with less miles.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
with that many miles, its not worth a penny more than 4500.
Just sold a 53 reg cup to a customer with 18k on it, for 6999!

BMW 328 Ci
Having experienced a low milage Renault quality and reliability, I can truly say I would never ever consider a high milage Renault.

EVO VII
my phase 1 172 has 86k on the clock & its rattles less then my mates new 182 & its quicker ;) 100% reliable.

Black Clio 182
if you are gonna get it make them do a service, replace the cambelt, just get as much outta them as you can, new tyres/breaks. all that sort of stuff. but still then i wouldnt wanna bother with it.

Way too much for 71k as others have said, get the 72k done by them then aim for £5k. As its fully serviced etc I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage (unless you intend to keep it for like 10 years), I took a standard Clio to 110,000 with not a hint of trouble, if you are going to get a troublesome Clio its just as likely to happen at 12k and plague you for life as much as its going to go horribly wrong at 70k.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I reckon if you can get it for around 5.5k and its had the cambelt done then its decent value.

MKIII 138
superfastdan said:
with that many miles, its not worth a penny more than 4500.
Just sold a 53 reg cup to a customer with 18k on it, for 6999!

ha not bad, i got mine with 11.5k miles for 7200

325ci sport cab 2004
Thanks for the posts guys, I think i'll leave it. On the flip side though I test drove a VR6 Corrado and an Alfa GTV 3.0, both were cheaper than the clio and well the big surprise was how slow the VR
6 was, but the Alfa, F### me, that flew, so I'm poss in the market for one of those now.

BMW 328 Ci
Yea there very nice.

Wouldnt like to imagine the fuel consumption on one of those though.
I was looking at the 2.5V6 156 and it is quoted as doing 23 mpg (meaning it will do less than that), that kinda put me off.

MOJJO said:
Seen one for sale, 52 plate clio cup, trade sale for 5995. 1 owner and full history.

It's based just over 100 miles away but what do you guys and girls think, forget it or go for it with that kinda mileage

Thanks

Ed

i would agree with the last post £4500-4999 yes, but you can get one with less than 20k on them for 6500 - 7500 at the auctions.

/y0z

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I'm new to this board and was going to start a thread asking what a reasonable price for a 51reg 172 with 67,000 would be, as I'm trying to sell mine. I've had it advertised at £5500, but had no takers yet (see http://www.argweb.com/clio for more).

Do any of you think the new Clio has knocked the prices down? Or, if the Mk3 Sport turns out to be a stinker, could it have the reverse effect and knock the mk2 prices up?