ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i get 2 subs? or just keep the one?

RB 182 Cup
nah just build a proper slot ported box to the right spec, tuned to about 36hz and will go louder then most things. Thats only if you you want a loud system and lots of bass, if you want quality then build a sealed box to the right spec, wont go asloud as a ported box but you'll get a more presice sound. Also max sure you have plenty of power :)

V70 d5 beast
i'm just going for the one sub as i already have the box, only buying another sub cause i blew up my last one, wasn't big enough for my 1000watt amp lol

I only ever had 1 alpine type r sub and that was far better that my mates two subs you just need it set up properly i could turn mine all the way up and it still sounded fine

V70 d5 beast
yea thats how i blew my last one up i think lol turned it up too much as i bridged the amp which was twice as powerfull as the sub, lol
i'll fit it and try this sub and see how it goes, should sound good,

even with the old little sub it sounded great, made everything ratting in the car lol just depends if those figures are correct on the auction

Low 'n' Slow
i've got a 10" 1000w JBL GT4 series boxed sub for sale £40
1495298763_l.jpg

if any1 is interested

RB 182 Cup
I only ever had 1 alpine type r sub and that was far better that my mates two subs you just need it set up properly i could turn mine all the way up and it still sounded fine

:D ive got a 12" alpine type R aswell with a proper bo..., and with a decent box its louder then 15s and 2 12's :evil:

Leon Cupra R 225
I had 2 12"s in a 1.2 16v, 02 reg and it made no difference whatsoever to it's power and speed...

yea thats how i blew my last one up i think lol turned it up too much as i bridged the amp which was twice as powerfull as the sub, lol

even with the old little sub it sounded great, made everything ratting in the car lol just depends if those figures are correct on the auction

I didnt do that i got mine by looking at the rms so my amp was 1000 peak and 300rms the amp was 600 peak and 300 rms the head unit was 4x 60w peak and 4x 27w rms front speakers was 160 peak 35w rms and 6x9s were 200 peak and 50rms so there was no problems with that set up all alpine v12 amp type R 6x9s type r sub with kenwood duel mags in the front doors because the type r 13cm was to deep to go in the door of my old car

V70 d5 beast
well my amp should be powerfull enough it's 500watts rms bridged and 100watts peak bridged, 2 chanel not oo sure on the rest of the specs but when i had my 10 inch sony xplod old style 250watt rms 700watt peak and i cranked it all upp it sounded great,
so can't wait to put this 12inch in there

V70 d5 beast
that look sweet, is that a 12 or 15 inch in there?
i want mine loud as in the really low bass tones but i listen to music aswell

That's a 12 in there i made all the boot build myself that's why the amp is tilted back and the cap is aswell the whole boot was sound deadened that makes a difference

RB 182 Cup
you tune it buy the spec of the box i.e size of port and size of the box and you use a db metre to measure your db

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
built my box to that frequency, by changing post size/ depth and box volume.

i know whats its doing as i compete in db drag spl comps

Polo + Micra
i've got 2 12" subs in my boot

scored 141.9dB on an rta though

but it was built for SQ lol

RB 182 Cup
what subs are you running and what ampage dink? im going to get hold a a db metre for my type r soon, not as loud as yours loud i dont think but its so much louder then loads of other big sytems i know

Polo + Micra
it's a pair of infinity perfect 12vq's running from a JL audio 1000/1 running @ about 1200wRMS

i've got 2 12" subs in my boot

scored 141.9dB on an rta though

but it was built for SQ lol

That's what i was going for but not on the scale that yours is its all about sound quality i think you can over power vocals mid and treble with to much bass the door speakers have to match the bass i have heard so many car systems and you cant make out what the track is because of the base they have like two sub and the speaker running of the headunit dont think thats very good :D

Polo + Micra
well it's a alpine 9815

it's 4x "60"watts but i thinkit's 4 x 27wRMS or basicly 2x54wRMS with the way i have it running

I had a alpine 7894rb in mine they are really good headunits and yeah 27x4 rms so you are using both left channels and both right for you comps never thought of that but still you have only got 100w both ish out off your comps but 1100watts with your sub so there is no balance IMHO thats why i set up mine how i did

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
my set up is s**t for sq, standard door speakers lol

but hell it wins me trophies so im down with it lol

I didnt do that i got mine by looking at the rms so my amp was 1000 peak and 300rms the amp was 600 peak and 300 rms the head unit was 4x 60w peak and 4x 27w rms front speakers was 160 peak 35w rms and 6x9s were 200 peak and 50rms so there was no problems with that set up all alpine v12 amp type R 6x9s type r sub with kenwood duel mags in the front doors because the type r 13cm was to deep to go in the door of my old car

This is why i i went for my system didnt want really loud just good sound it still went loud not comp loud