ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i get a 197???

White ds3
after owning my clio for over a year i just wana see what other people think of me seling up and geting a black 197?
as mine is geting old now and a new car would be nice

DSC_0028.jpg

Audi TT 3.2
yes, im in the same situation as you! really like the 197's at the mo! i would want a black F1 though!

200 Gordini
Im in the same boat, i want an r27.

My 182 has had ALOT of money spent on it though and the belts will be done in 2 weeks so i cant justify losing that much money in the space of a year.

That is the only reason im not doing it atm.. so id say go for it and you wont regret it

Clio 197 cup pack
i looked at a 197, but the figure 10,000 was just a little bit too much for me. Great looking cars tho, id say yes!

Clio 182
hi mate i am a tech for renault , i own a 182 but get to drive 197s quite regular, to be honest they are great to drive and much more comfy but not as much fun and in my opinion not as quick as 182s, for the money difference i would keep the 182, we have a blue 197 on our forecourt at work its an 06 plate and its up 4 12500, thats a lot of monies mate!

A rather biased opinion but here's the recommendation from a 46 year old 197 owner. Life is short, woefully so. It's better to say I'm glad I did rather than wish I had.

I picked up a 57 plate 197 with 12 on the clock for 10.5 and it really is in the mintest condition I can imagine. Shop around.

Black 197
hi mate i am a tech for renault , i own a 182 but get to drive 197s quite regular, to be honest they are great to drive and much more comfy but not as much fun and in my opinion not as quick as 182s, for the money difference i would keep the 182, we have a blue 197 on our forecourt at work its an 06 plate and its up 4 12500, thats a lot of monies mate!

Don't agree sorry

I traded my 04 182 in for a 57 black 197. My 197 has 16k on the clock now and feels as quick as my 182...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Don't agree sorry

I traded my 04 182 in for a 57 black 197. My 197 has 16k on the clock now and feels as quick as my 182...

Nore me, and i've come from a 172 Cup and a 182. But meh, this is needy sport.

Barge
Mine feels loads better than when I first got it in November on 9k miles. I've knocked 10 onto it and it feels much more responsive and the fuel economy has shot up from 21 MPG to 27-29 MPG daily driving.

If you can afford a 197, go for it fella. And if it's an R27 even better, but I wouldn't let that put you off a nicely spec'd 197.

Black 197
Still a massive divide between the 1*2's and 197/R27's lol

I was dubious at first about chopping my 182 in but its the best thing i've done and love my 197.. I still remember 197gaz giving me the push to get it lol ;)

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Drive then decide tbh. Have to laugh at the plank that suggested doing it as the 182's losing value. Clever.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Lol

Dont get me wrong i still love the MK2's, but i'd see it now as a step down. The 197 does the things the MK2 does, but better. What do most people complain about in the mk2?...... the general lack of refinement. The mk2 is gruff, rattly, with a majorly flawed driving position. If there is a difference in speed we are talking tenths tbh

Glanza V
my 197 with xenons, cornering lights, cup spoiler, electric folding mirrors, auto wipers, climate control and 18k on the clock cost ....................... just under 10k its a total peach! and its on a 57 plate as well and being rb, the colour is awsum :p there are bargins to be had i had to go to wales from the north east to get it but totaly worth the trip keep searching!

Barge
You know it makes sense Mark, lad. Although I don't like the fact your lights pwn mine... We'll have to see about that at the next meet. ;)

Mate...if you can afford it, do it! Drove a 182 for 4yrs as my daily commute. Bought the r27 and have never looked back. In my opinion, as much fun as the 182 was, the 197 is just as much fun, highly chuckable around corners, smoother gear box / accelaration, as fast (especially as the miles pile on the clock)...but so much more sterdy and well built. It looks better, meaner stance and you will generally be getting a more superior package (IMO of course). 182 was great...I just think the r27 is more awesome!

Do it and have no regrets!!! lol

Glanza V
You know it makes sense Mark, lad. Although I don't like the fact your lights pwn mine... We'll have to see about that at the next meet. ;)

yeh but your special number and recaro seats pwn mine:rasp: and i will be deffo at the next meet, should look good side by side:approve:

ITB'd 182...
Dan - If you can afford it then i wood say yes!

Awesome car's out of the box and i dont doubt you would mod it/look after it so an R27 would hold it's value well!

Your only young once and you cant take your money with you so enjoy it while you can imo....

Oh, and i'd like a go ;)

Black 197
Dan - If you can afford it then i wood say yes!

Awesome car's out of the box and i dont doubt you would mod it/look after it so an R27 would hold it's value well!

Your only young once and you cant take your money with you so enjoy it while you can imo....

Oh, and i'd like a go ;)

Pfffttt

You could of had a go already if im not mistaken boyo bach ;)

I'll be down next week so do you,powey,mush wanna go for a beer ?

172 FF Ph2
Get a 197 if you do most of your driving
a) around town, 0-30 even 40, six speed box, oh yes.

b) track days, these will kick the arse out of any 182,172 for this application, out of the box I mean, no tuner debates here, just the chassis is far better than the 197 PS prescribed.