ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i get a V6...

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
For me i wouldnt at the minute, even if i easily could afford it, the estate next to mine has some really jealous c**ts on it and i know they would love to f**k it up at first chance they get, but when i pay some more of this god dam mortgauge off and locate to a better area, then defo yes..always other reasons besides insurance, petrol costs etc to think of when you buy a car like this..IMHO

RenaultSport clio V6 255
I've just had this dilema - and i have just bought a vee (i pick it up on Saturday and i can't wait) so i know exactly what you mean.

As others have said, it is definitely a heart purchase rather than one you think about too much. The biggest smile the car has put in may face so far (not having really driven it much yet!) is my friends reactions. It is such a bonkers car that the craziness of it makes everybodies day just talking about it and laughing about how absurd it is. It's the same when you drive it around and see peoples jaws drop - I'm sure others who've had their vees for a while would agree? You need that kind of craziness in your life at least once - think of it as a public service!

You don't (or i certainly didn't) buy a car like the vee for any other reason besides driving it and owning it - if you really want the car, you'll fit the luggage / GF in somehow i'm sure!

One thing i would say though, beware test-drives. As soon as you hear that engine and see the reactions of other people on the road - you'll find it hard to remain objective! I did - 2 days and counting 'till collection...

Clio V6 255BHP
Andy's Ruin said:
I've just had this dilema - and i have just bought a vee (i pick it up on Saturday and i can't wait) so i know exactly what you mean.

As others have said, it is definitely a heart purchase rather than one you think about too much. The biggest smile the car has put in may face so far (not having really driven it much yet!) is my friends reactions. It is such a bonkers car that the craziness of it makes everybodies day just talking about it and laughing about how absurd it is. It's the same when you drive it around and see peoples jaws drop - I'm sure others who've had their vees for a while would agree? You need that kind of craziness in your life at least once - think of it as a public service!

You don't (or i certainly didn't) buy a car like the vee for any other reason besides driving it and owning it - if you really want the car, you'll fit the luggage / GF in somehow i'm sure!

One thing i would say though, beware test-drives. As soon as you hear that engine and see the reactions of other people on the road - you'll find it hard to remain objective! I did - 2 days and counting 'till collection...

Thats exactly why I bought my car, and if I had it my way I would keep it forever, I know its only a renault and has no luggage space and you probably would not want to leave the car in a public car park, but when you drive it, its an experience that never wears off.