ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I move from AG SRP to AF tripple?

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Firstly I'd like to say I am not a detailing expert (far from it), just enjoy washing the car on weekends and getting a nice shine with easy to use products.

Now onto my question - I have always used Autoglym's SRP, mainly due to ease of use and low cost but I am now thinking of trying something different. I noticed a lot of people recommend Auto Finesse tripple and was wondering if anyone has experience with both of these, and which they'd recommend. The tripple is slightly more expensive, but as you often get what you pay for, will it be noticeably better?

Thanks in advance for any insights,
Tony

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
They're both all in ones (mild abrasive, cleansers and add a tiny bit of protection)

I think you'd be better off adding new products to your arsenal rather than switching to a similar product.

Do you use iron and tar removers?

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
They're both all in ones (mild abrasive, cleansers and add a tiny bit of protection)

I think you'd be better off adding new products to your arsenal rather than switching to a similar product.

Do you use iron and tar removers?

There wont be a noticeable difference between the two then, ok thanks for that. I think I'll just stick with the SRP then.

Nope, I haven't gone as far as iron/tar removers (have considered it on a number of occasions). Generally I just snow foam, 2 bucket wash, polish and then seal.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Weird that you got to efforts of 2 buckets but not de contaminating. I've seen colours transform before even drying then just with good decontamination. :)

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Weird that you got to efforts of 2 buckets but not de contaminating. I've seen colours transform before even drying then just with good decontamination. :smile:

I have never found the two bucket method to be a lot of extra effort, its just part of my general routine to stop scratching and avoid putting any muck back onto the car. I think i will need to look into decontaminating products, could well make a big difference as its never been done in my ownership.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If you polish...or rub anything into the car for that matter.. Without decontaminating first, you're essentially rubbing and dragging all the contaminants across your paint.

I'd 110% recommend tar and iron removers before investing in anything else :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Even just using some CarPro Tar X mate once or twice without iron remover will help so much. It won't just remove tar, it'll remove more than just tar from the paintwork.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It doesn't work as well as using the dedicated products separately. But on a well maintained and protected car it would be ok. For first time decontamination I'd recommend using the separate iron and tar removers