ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i replace tensioners with timing belt?

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
just wondering if its definitely worth the money replacing the tensioners when you change the timing belt?

i dont know how much the tensioners would cost though...

on a mk1 1.2/1.4 with the energy lump? i'd check the tensioner myself first. I have seen then do 200k without issue, on the other hand some have let go at 5k.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
on a mk1 1.2/1.4 with the energy lump? i'd check the tensioner myself first. I have seen then do 200k without issue, on the other hand some have let go at 5k.

yeah 1.4.

the belt needs to come out to work on the water pump. then a new one going back in. im not doing the work though. it was just suggested that you should change the tensioners too.

ideally yes it shoudl be done, but tbh its a car thats ten a penny, and if its ok then I'd leave it.

Although if getting the pump done and your planning on keeping it get the tensioner as well.

its an extra 30 or so quid on these engines.

Whos doing the work?