ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I swap my cup?

SchwepTek™
I put up a thread about this a while back but this time i'm serious. I have spent a fair amount of money making it look less of a cup (e.g. leather seats, door sills, even handbrake button, etc) but i'm still not 100% happy with it.

I am very seriously considering selling it and buying a 182FF but am still unsure as I dont want to lose lots of money.

Help....please!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I would keep the cup mate, i could live without half the stuff in the FF, bar the seats which you have already swapped over.

Lee

BMW M2C
Look at it this way, your car is closer to a Trophy than a FF 182, as the Trophy was based on the Cup.

I went from a FF172, then FF182 with Cup packs to the Trophy and didn't miss a single one of the luxuries I'd lost. Same as with my 197 Cup, it's got everything I need.

If you aren't happy then swap, but don't pay attention to people knocking the Cup.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
seriously dont do it! this is the nutter thats had x2 ff and x1 cup! and love my cup more! :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Keep the Cup. Why would you want to downgrade?! IF you are gonna swap it for anything, at least make it a Trophy!

SchwepTek™
seriously dont do it! this is the nutter thats had x2 ff and x1 cup! and love my cup more! :)

Keep the Cup. Why would you want to downgrade?! IF you are gonna swap it for anything, at least make it a Trophy!

Why is it downgrading? I'd say it was upgrading LOL! Its not like my car is any quicker because of it. Every 172/182 FF i have raced has always beaten me LOL!

SchwepTek™
Well whats your main reason for wanting to "upgrade" then?

Honestly, i'd keep your Cup.

Well, other than Xenons, Climate control and various other little things that mine doesnt have, it feels a bit under-power! Rolling Road should settle that tomorrow! LOL. Ur going arent ya?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I would have if i wasn't having a rag round the Top Gear track tomo!

Im interested to see if yours is down on power. Have you done any breathing mods? Uprated air filter element etc?

SchwepTek™
Well, other than Xenons, Climate control and various other little things that mine doesnt have, it feels a bit under-power! Rolling Road should settle that tomorrow! LOL. Ur going arent ya?

So your not happy with your cups performance then?

Exactly! Lol. Its slow!

Im interested to see if yours is down on power. Have you done any breathing mods? Uprated air filter element etc?

Its only got a Blueflame exhaust and decat!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
When you say slow do you mean it struggles to accelerate?

Sometimes when you increase the bore of an exhaust by too much you lose back pressure (the strength of the exhaust vacuum pulse) so the engine has to labour.

Has it always felt sluggish or just recently?

SchwepTek™
Its always felt a bit sluggish. 2 of my mates 172FFs have no problem keeping up and a CTR passed me other day with ease. It may just all be in my head lol but tomorrow will tell i guess. I have only noticed it being sluggish since going up against other 1*2s but since getting the new exhaust and decat, the 5k kick has completely gone but then again it is alot smoother throughout the rev range now.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Mint! :D I'm proper jealous... How did you swing that matey??

The girlfriend! Her cousin is into his Mini's (or should i say the small BMW's;)) bigtime, and he has organised a 250 car Mini Meet at Dunsfold Aerodrome with some laps of the track.
He managed to blag me in as well. :D

So im gonna be ONE Clio in amongst 240 odd other Mini's....be nice to show them a thing or two...hehe.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Its always felt a bit sluggish. 2 of my mates 172FFs have no problem keeping up and a CTR passed me other day with ease. It may just all be in my head lol but tomorrow will tell i guess. I have only noticed it being sluggish since going up against other 1*2s but since getting the new exhaust and decat, the 5k kick has completely gone but then again it is alot smoother throughout the rev range now.

Hmmmm. Strange one this.

I think you need to have a drive of a couple of other Clio's for reference!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
LOL at changing from a Cup to a FF. Xenons are WELL overrated on here, they do look nice, but offer no better output than my previous 172 Cup with some uprated Osram lamps. You already have AC, Climate is a gimick imo. I override it i my 197, and in my previous 182...... Not worth it in any way. Trophy or dont bother.

SchwepTek™
LOL at changing from a Cup to a FF. Xenons are WELL overrated on here, they do look nice, but offer no better output than my previous up with some uprated Osram lamps. You already have AC, Climate is a gimick imo. I override it i my 197, and in my previous 182...... Not worth it in any way. Trophy or dont bother.

Cheers!

SchwepTek™
Well guys i will post up results tomorrow and then I will go from there but as it stands, most of you have one me over with the fact that I'm not really missing much!

Golf R soon...
Schweppy you fool! You should have asked me two weeks ago, you could have had my car with all the mods, H&R's, turinis, induction kit and exhaust!

SchwepTek™
Schweppy you fool! You should have asked me two weeks ago, you could have had my car with all the mods, H&R's, turinis, induction kit and exhaust!

Dont even go there....already been in my head pastt few days! :(

Golf R soon...
I still haven't sold my standard car, I've got it up for £6995, if you interested.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
^^^ think we all have doubts at time mate! but i gotta stick with old faithful as it wont submit to the ctr! loves it

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Exactly. I sold my 172 Cup for a cup packed 182. Wasnt half the car imo....... regretted it :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Andy, If you gave me your Cup I could sell it, make money and buy you a FF 182. Then probably go on holiday with the change.

Man up faggot boy and sort yourself out.

SchwepTek™
Its goin on rollers tomorrow so we shall see.

Dependant on results from that, i have already made plans to come and see u next week! ;)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
been out in mine tonight and was chasing a tt 57 plate! that was fun LOL :) then a rover 400 tried to play! i put him in his place - i love my car now i have new seats :eek:

SchwepTek™
LOL, i'd go out on mine but need to save petrol for the weekend! London tomorrow, Devon Sunday!!! LOL.

I went out and looked at it today and I actually love it! I just hope i can sort out the problems!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
LOL, i'd go out on mine but need to save petrol for the weekend! London tomorrow, Devon Sunday!!! LOL.

I went out and looked at it today and I actually love it! I just hope i can sort out the problems!

mine pulls amazingly at times! Feels very responsive! ;)

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
i wouldnt change mate. your cups really nice :)

be interesting to see what it comes out at on the rollers if it really dosent seem that pokey...