ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should this be movable ?

Checking car over in preparation for a long journey and noticed the solid metal part boxed in red in the picture linked below moves about just a bit ...

http://www.beamer999.f2s.com/841modded.JPG

Apologies for not naming it, I've no idea what it's called.

I'm not sure whether it has always moved so much, but I generally assume that parts under the bonnet (bar the obvious ones) should be pretty fixed :)

So firstly what's it called and secondly should it move at all or has some bolt or clip broke ?

It your fuel rail guard and it shouldn't move ....... check the bolts :eek:

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol i've worked in factories, i imagine that should have been checked by atleast 3 people + maybe a machine.

Renaultsport 220T
One of the thread's sheared on my one. I noticed it, as it was hanging off about 10mm from the alternator!!!

:eek:

Okey dokey. I've taken off the plastic engine cover thingy to find the following ...

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2882/dsc00343modmm8.jpg

I'm pretty sure, looking at the dirt around the bolt holes labelled A, in that pic, that some part is suppose to be held by bolts at A and hook under the bits lablled B. The last lot to work on this car were "the stealers" - fixing an oil leak at the cams - it wouldn't surprise me if they completely forgot to refit a part. Though looking at the way the blackish thin plate between the right-hand A and the next bolt along, seems to overhang, I'm wondering if they couldn't fit whatever is suppose to be there. What does surprise me is that I haven't noticed the knocking noise, it seems to lead to, until now.

Does anyone have an under bonnet pic, without the plastic cover, that I can compare to ?

Also, while I'm there - the bolt hole labelled C - anyone have anything attached to that ?

PS : For those who commented that it was shocking to have such probs on an 06 plate - the first picture was nabbed from Google Images, as my phone camera was bust. These cars are badly put together, but not that badly :)

Lots of Alfas
It looks normal to me mate. Just make sure you tighten the fuel rail guard back up.

pic: (ignore the arrow).

DSCF0046.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
LOL Numpy the holes labelled "A" are where the engine cover screws go.
Nothing goes under those hook things on my car.

that looks fine from that picture.

the engine cover that you just removed bolts into the holes above the fuel rail guard lol :lolup: