ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should tracking be.....

done with the engine on or off??? as obviously the power steering will come into play if on!

Because i had my tracking done for the 3rd time on my cup (only 6k on it!!) last week and the guy did it with the engine on and this is the first time i have seen it done with the engine on!! On any of my cars, and its now worse than it was

Im also a bit worried that he did actually say it was out anyway and like i said this is the 3rd time so im thinking something is wrong underneath for it too off again??

I will be taking it back this wkend! Suppose thats part of the trouble when you take a car like the cup to somewhere like national tyres they dont even know what the car is some of them!!

What about the fact the tracking keeps going out, is this normal for this car with this much power/torque at the front wheels??

insignia

Ive had the same problem mate. Ive never kerbed my car but everytime I change my tyres or something the tracking is always out.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Find out what tracking settings youre after and tell them what to set it to. Chances are theyre all trying to set it to different settings.

I did have the back wheels put on the front at the same time to rotate the tyres, but he balanced them and i cant see that being the problem as there are no vibrations.

Does anyone know on here know the setting it should be set to on a cup by any chance??? Pls

Cheers will have to watch him do it see if he knows what he doing, they use some michelin?? chart on the wall looks quite old dont even know if the cup will be on it

hmmm when ive had my tracking done they always ask me to leave it in neutral with the engine running once i have put it on the ramps.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by jonny on 15 February 2005

Cheers will have to watch him do it see if he knows what he doing, they use some michelin?? chart on the wall looks quite old dont even know if the cup will be on it
get the correct figures from renault or someone who knows for sure and then tell the guy doing it what setting to use. Hell be setting it for a 1.2 clio no doubt...

I will give Manc Renault a call this week!!

Im just pi55ed off with it now cause i love the car and this little niggly thing is spoiling my fun!!! Not fair