ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should you drain the oil cooler core when you change the oil?

Radical SR3
Just wondering what other people do (who have an oil cooler fitted). I have a 19 row core mounted behind the front grill to the bottom of the front beam (infront of the alternator). The lines run horizontally to the right of the engine and up past the gearbox to the sandwich plate.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
ideally if you can yes.... as there will still be dirty oil in there....... another thing that drives me mad, are catridge filters.... nobody ever cleans the housing out before fitting the new filter. But as i say.... depends on the access & if you can drain the oil cooler. some u cant.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
ideally if you can yes.... as there will still be dirty oil in there....... another thing that drives me mad, are catridge filters.... nobody ever cleans the housing out before fitting the new filter. But as i say.... depends on the access & if you can drain the oil cooler. some u cant.

lolwut!??!?! I always scrub it out in the part washer!!!

Radical SR3
Done. Disconnected one line to the cooler and drained it till drips only, couldnt really do more. What filter are you on about?