ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your 172 Cups Pllllleeeease

182 Trophy
Hi There

At the moment i own a ford Racing Puma and im thinking about selling it and buying a 172 CUP. With the money left over i want to mod it but very subtley.

Could people who have modded there 172s please post some pictures. I dont meen full fat body kits i just meen

- Dropped on coilovers

- Bigger Brakes

- Front Splitters

- Bucket Seats

- New Exhaust systems etc

Also how hard is it to get more power out of the clios, what would it take to get 200 bhp out of one.

Many Thanks

Sam

Megane R26
Why are you thinking of selling up Sam?

There won't be any FRP's left on ZSOC soon!!

Good choice on the Clio though ;)

Banana
P5240407.jpg

PC120154.jpg

P1030242.jpg

P5240409.jpg

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
sambo said:
Hi There

At the moment i own a ford Racing Puma and im thinking about selling it and buying a 172 CUP. With the money left over i want to mod it but very subtley.

Could people who have modded there 172s please post some pictures. I dont meen full fat body kits i just meen

- Dropped on coilovers - The choice is yours, GAZ, Leda, H&R. Ranging from around £450 for the former to around £1.2 k for the latter

- Bigger Brakes - Not really required, Uprated discs and pads will suffice

- Front Splitters - They come as standard and will be more than sufficient once lowered. Anything bigger WILL die.

- Bucket Seats - Again, the choice is yours. Check Demon Tweeks as members get a discount. Or you could go for the Trophy Recaros.

- New Exhaust systems etc - Try a YozzaSport Ragnotti. Not cheap but based on the Clio Cup unit.

Also how hard is it to get more power out of the clios, what would it take to get 200 bhp out of one. - 200bhp should be achievable with a 182 manifold, decat, exhaust, matched inlet, cams and remap. Probably looking at about 1500-2000 for that lot.

Many Thanks

Sam
Added comments above.

Ben

ST
sambo said:
Hi There

- Dropped on coilovers

- Bigger Brakes

- Front Splitters

- Bucket Seats

- New Exhaust systems etc

Also how hard is it to get more power out of the clios, what would it take to get 200 bhp out of one.

Many Thanks

Sam

Cams, remap, decat'd exhaust, 182 manifold, single throttle body conversion.

Speak to YozzaSport http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
1st one was yesterday, all the rest a few months ago :)

Image032.gif

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

38480bbe.jpg

f06d581d.jpg

100_0360.jpg

000_0012.jpg

now has a few more tweeks.....

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not got the turinis on no more, they are under lock and key.#

now have something more hardcore ;)

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
gt gaz your cup is by far the best looking cup on here, job well done. loving those seats too, i like the black cobra ones more but still very nice

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lawrence said:
gt gaz your cup is by far the best looking cup on here, job well done. loving those seats too, i like the black cobra ones more but still very nice

cheers, :cool: the seats were brought off here, as new for 350 all in, so it aint all bad. I'd love some proper buckets, but not sure if its too hardcore

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
ah mate i would but the mrs wouldnt permit it, combined with moving out too ive got to prioritise stuff now:(

J

jamesy

is it just the one shade of blue and are the silver worth much more for being that bit more rare?

172 Cup SOLD
yea just the one shade of blue, think the silver cost slighty more due to the fact there newer than the orignal cups, also think they may have climate control

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
yep, think thats about right, all silver cups as far as i know have CC too. the blue is gorgeous, look at all the pics and it looks different shades, looks awsome in the sun, real depth to it!!!

Danx2c said:
mine came with the car!!

lucky b*****d :( :)

Last edited:
J

jamesy

question is turbo my valver or get a cup i have so many ideas for it and there is a lot available for the mk2 now???

J

jamesy

will certainly be quicker and more fun not to mention more individual problem is the depreciation of money spent?

M2 Competition
My cup...

Erm, just a few more mods than in the pics now, pics of the beast to follow soon... hehe

and agree on the paint, awesome colour.

Last edited:
  172 Cup SOLD
gt_gaz said:
yep, think thats about right, all silver cups as far as i know have CC too. the blue is gorgeous, look at all the pics and it looks different shades, looks awsome in the sun, real depth to it!!!

lucky b*****d :( :)

agreed

these pics were taken on the same night under different lights and see the colour change!

IMGP1088-1.jpg

IMGP1071-1.jpg

dancliocup-1.jpg