ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your stud and nut kits.

Tookers

ClioSport Club Member
Just fitted 82mm on fronts and heads sticking out about 20mm so centre caps wont fit.
20161005_202108.jpg

20161005_202103.jpg

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Im running oz f1s bolt to hub spacers so these would bolt into the hub and nothing on rear tho i would like 10mm hub spacers what size would i need for a nice look.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Hub spacers won't make a difference as it goes into the disc, therefore 68mm would be perfect.

Measure one of your wheel bolts. It should be around 60mm iirc.

Is your spacers, bolt to hub and using existing bolts using longer bolt type?

If your your using existing wheel bolts measure around 60mm I'd get 68mm. If you have longer bolts then I would add the difference from 68mm plus your spacer size = stud length.

I run 82mm on the fronts with a 16mm spacers. Pics on the previous page.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Hub spacers won't make a difference as it goes into the disc, therefore 68mm would be perfect.

Measure one of your wheel bolts. It should be around 60mm iirc.

Is your spacers, bolt to hub and using existing bolts using longer bolt type?

If your your using existing wheel bolts measure around 60mm I'd get 68mm. If you have longer bolts then I would add the difference from 68mm plus your spacer size = stud length.

I run 82mm on the fronts with a 16mm spacers. Pics on the previous page.
Yeh the bolts bolt it to the spacer so std size all around. 68mm it is cheera

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the A I Tech competition studs and the copper coated wheel nuts.
View attachment 165899
Not cheap either, but didn't want to break any more after I had a couple fail.

After my current nuts being seized on (I think the tyre place did them up super tight as I cant remove the nut off the stud, but the whole stud comes loose out of the hub) I've decided to buy new studs and nuts.

I've gone for the same AI Tech ones as you as I already have some 90mm ones here. I've just purchased 70mm ones for the rears and am swapping my 16mm front spacer to a 18mm one.

These look great quality. Will fit them all once the rears arrive. I've gone for "normal" m12 x 1.5 short black wheel nuts. I do fancy something better but these was readily available to be sent out for the weekend.

Bimmec ones on left, AI Tech on right.

20200204_200537-01.jpeg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
New ones for mine arrived yesterday, if i didn't have bad luck, id have no luck at all.

One random long stud and 2 nuts short. 😅
(Picking error, they’re sending me replacements)
79BE9B50-7488-4745-945D-90F268B53369.jpeg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I agree mate. I did wonder why the PMS ones were more money as they dont make them, and come in the same design and sizes as the Bimmec ones, so wonder if they just put the tax up. Same with there wheel nuts. But they are a business, so no blame on them for doing so.

As a buyer, if they are the same, why pay more. They are all high tensile.

And no I wouldn't of taken the piss. I would just be in more envy of you and your ever perfect spec 182.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I give my studs a wipe over every now and again with ACF50 to stop them corroding.

Brake cleaner on the studs and in the hub threads before a healthy dab of 2700 and they're not coming out without heat.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That's my plan James. I have the Loctite 270 here, studs, nuts and spacers arriving this week so will try and do them Friday afterwork and leave overnight. (I know its 4 hours, but this easier for me)

I've got thread cleaning tools (in m12 x 1.5) so I'll do that and blow out all old crap before I fit new. Did I read that you fit the new studs only to 25nm once they are home?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
That's my plan James. I have the Loctite 270 here, studs, nuts and spacers arriving this week so will try and do them Friday afterwork and leave overnight. (I know its 4 hours, but this easier for me)

I've got thread cleaning tools (in m12 x 1.5) so I'll do that and blow out all old crap before I fit new. Did I read that you fit the new studs only to 25nm once they are home?

I did mine to 20Nm.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
You dont want to use the Allen key to put them in anyway 🤣
Couple of nuts on the thread tightened together then torque them up. Not forgetting lock tight

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Anybody use different wheel nuts other than the ones of Bimmec, PMS, etc?

I'd quite like some that are like these.

Screenshot_20200204-223446_eBay.jpg

I had some D1 ones years ago on my old 182. These was 40mm and perfect size, but aluminium. Not sure if that's recommended though? Worried the material will be weaker than steel?

2020-02-04_10-35-48.jpg
2020-02-04_10-36-18.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Anybody use different wheel nuts other than the ones of Bimmec, PMS, etc?

I'd quite like some that are like these.

View attachment 1452986

I had some D1 ones years ago on my old 182. These was 40mm and perfect size, but aluminium. Not sure if that's recommended though? Worried the material will be weaker than steel?

View attachment 1452987View attachment 1452988

I used to run some alloy Volk Racing ones on the Impreza, they were very high quality alloy but i think anything less and i wouldn't trust them. There's a reason you're not allowed to use alloy/aluminium nuts in any motorsport.
I use Acer Titanium on the Cayman of which are also very nice. Personally id stick with what you have or the copper coated A1T items available from Tweeks.

53C514E4-12C2-447D-A703-93330230162C.jpeg

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
@frayz that's what i thought. Titanium ones are lovely, but big bucks though.

I'd like the lotus ones but not at that price. Sure I've seen open ended steel ones before in similar style to those, but cant find them now.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
@frayz that's what i thought. Titanium ones are lovely, but big bucks though.

I'd like the lotus ones but not at that price. Sure I've seen open ended steel ones before in similar style to those, but cant find them now.
To be honest Mark. Those lotus ones are cheap for Titanium. The ACER sets are around £400 a set. 😬

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Bimmec, personally couldn't see an difference between them or the PMS. Only the A1T studs look to be significantly different/better quality.
I did find a full titanium kit, but resisted as i knew you would make fun of me :D

Link to titanium kit please!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Wouldn't use titanium tbh.

It only has the tensile strength of grade 8 steel, whereas PMS and BIMMEC studs are 10.9 or even 12.9

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just out of interest, has anybody used of know of anybod that has the AI tech studs fitted?