ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your stud and nut kits.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Show me your stud and nut kits.

I don't like having bolts, especially as I take my wheels off regularly. Its so much easier with studs, plus you can rest the wheels on the hubs easier once it's all loose.

If you can, state the length of the studs and spacers size if your running them.

Thanks guys.

S14a, Integra DC5
I was running elite developments 90mm extended studs with 20mm H&R spacers(which are currently for sale).

I wanted to do this on my mk1 but ive seen a few posts about them sheering off and the studs sheering off would be a lot more hassle than having to align the wheel with the holes

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Of you do it right, there should be no issues.

I'd tap the holes in the hubs and use loctite anyway.

It's easier when removing wheels as you can just leave the wheel.on the studs/hub once all the nuts are off, as opposed to bolts.

If you want spacers they slide over the studs rather than trying to align the holes with longer bolts.

Sometimes it's personal preference.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I got some high tensile ones in the end, with allen key heads. I went for 75mm on the rears (I don't run any spacers as my wheels are et38) and 82mm on the fronts, as I'll be running 16mm spacers.

2016-08-28_10-13-55.jpg
2016-08-28_10-13-48.jpg
2016-08-28_10-14-03.jpg
2016-08-28_10-14-22.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
eBay buddy. Don't be worried, they are high tensile 10.9 grade, just like the PMS ones.

I got 2 different sizes as I got 16mm from spacers on the front so I needed longer studs to compensate this. I did order 82mm fronts the fronts and 75mm for the rears but have changed the rears to 68mm now as I don't run a 5mm wheel spacers as originally planned and now they look the same, front and rear.

2016-09-29_06-24-44.jpg

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
plus the 16mm spacers.. how does it feel? I have a thread on adding spacers or not and the way that it affects the geometry. I'm tempted to fit 10mm on the front as the tyre shoulder is quite close to the coilover adjuster rings due to increased camber but some say this will alter the steering in a bad way.

Tookers

ClioSport Club Member
eBay buddy. Don't be worried, they are high tensile 10.9 grade, just like the PMS ones.

I got 2 different sizes as I got 16mm from spacers on the front so I needed longer studs to compensate this. I did order 82mm fronts the fronts and 75mm for the rears but have changed the rears to 68mm now as I don't run a 5mm wheel spacers as originally planned and now they look the same, front and rear.

View attachment 165512
Bimecc right? Was looking at a set of 68mm, not running spacers, checked ktec & ktr first both around £100

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not that this is a spacer thread. But I much prefer not having spacers on my et38 wheels.

Tookers

ClioSport Club Member
plus the 16mm spacers.. how does it feel? I have a thread on adding spacers or not and the way that it affects the geometry. I'm tempted to fit 10mm on the front as the tyre shoulder is quite close to the coilover adjuster rings due to increased camber but some say this will alter the steering in a bad way.
So i ended up going with 75mm for the rears and 82mm on the front. Found a company on ebay doing a set of 4 studs in a choice of lengths for 15 quid. So 60 quid all in. I have cup alloys so will likely have to lose the centre caps, might get some caps for the hub nuts.

Cup In bits
How did you find the Allen key hole held up on them while putting them in Marc?

@Pauleds can you link yours too. They're tidy nuts... 😂

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Even with permo thread lock can these be removed if needed?

I would like to use some but fronts will be into bolt in spacers. If i was to remove spacers i would want to remove these from it

Last edited:

Tookers

ClioSport Club Member
Even with permo thread lock can these be removed if needed?

I would like to use some but fronts will be into bolt in spacers. If i was to remove spacers i would want to remove these from it
If you used something like Loctite 270, they say you can remove using normal tools if you heat up to 300 degrees celcius first

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I changed mine recently as my 75mm was too long for the rear. I had used permanent loctight, but a double nut trick worked them off. Still very tough though.

I torque my wheel nuts uo to 100nm as normal.