ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sidelight bulbs for xenons

K20 EG Hatch
Bought some sidelight bulbs off a local lad to try and get rid of the yellow standard ones. I was hoping for them to be white but they have turned out more yellow.

Where can i get some sidelight bulbs that are pure white to look better.

Please post pics too.
Thanks

K20 EG Hatch
cli0 172, get out there and take some pics! i wanna see some before i waste another tenner on them lol

VW ....
McBunny said:
piaa led bulbs are great but cost alot

I'm Scottish & didnt mind paying the whole 5 pounds for them lol

Think is was Mike(RenTech) off here selling them at the time .

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
There we go...These are the best sidelights.

DSC00792.jpg

K20 EG Hatch
hmmm.... i think i will do that mod at dinner break then lmao
it dont make the lights mist up or anything with there being a hole where there should be bulb though?

SLK 350
Dan Page said:
hmmm.... i think i will do that mod at dinner break then lmao
it dont make the lights mist up or anything with there being a hole where there should be bulb though?

Leave the sidelights in there, but just break the filament by banging them on a towel or something.

philips blue vision are SHITE!

i bought some, put them in and they were out within 5mins.. really werent white at all

tried LED ones but in the end they break down and start flickering.

ive gone with ali - no sidelights.

fastest passat in't world
Guy said:
how long you had them in?? mine started flickering within a week..

Had them in for a month now and i have them on every time I drive. No problems with them flickering as they have a built in resistor that protects them. They are not the usual 4 LED clusters, they are a single flat HQ LED that you would normally find behind machine buttons etc.

For the price, they are worth giving them a go.

Polo + Micra
yeah i got those 1w led ones from ultraleds in my interior lights

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 40
  Tangoed Works
You need the PIAA teras, match the HID's almost exactly, bit pricey at £40 an you have to faff around with a fancy inline resistor, did it though and never looked back! Side lights on on thier own in my avatar pic!
frontnightmean.jpg

Last edited: