ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sigma 50-100 f1.8 DC HSM for Canon - £499

Spotted this over the weekend - amazingly it's not been spotted by the vultures on HUD, from what I can see, but it is a crazy price:

http://www.jessops.com/online.store...m-f-1-8-dc-hsm-lens-for-canon-97963/show.html

Usual price is about £829 and no-one else appears to be selling it cheap, so I'm not quite sure what Jessops have done to get that price.

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/...s/Sigma-50-100mm-f1.8-DC-HSM-Canon-Fit-A-Lens

Let's not ask any questions, though, or flag it up to HUD, eh...

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I f**king hate HUKD now. I joined around 7 years ago and it was fine, I used to get involved in the misc section too. Now it's just full of assholes and that's putting it kindly

Now back up to £829, in line with the other retailers.

It is a beast, though :eek:penmouth: Need to actually go out somewhere to try it out properly, but it weighs about as much as a 70-200 f2.8, I believe, and feels like it's built like a tank!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I f**king hate HUKD now. I joined around 7 years ago and it was fine, I used to get involved in the misc section too. Now it's just full of assholes and that's putting it kindly
Yeah same, if you want some gash computer game or HDD or SD card you're alright. Otherwise its just garbage

Hi to all!!

Good find @White16valver

Did anyone manage to buy this?

Was it a "mistake"?

I don't think it was a mistake as it was up for a week!

I'm impressed with it so far :wink: but I've not used it in anger.

My worry is that it's a lot of glass (therefore weight to move internally) so might be slow at focusing in low light and grabbing 'moments' at weddings, but I won't know until I try it out properly.

There's also the issue of super-shallow DoF meaning you need to nail exactly what you want it to focus on, but that's the same for all large aperture lenses.

All of that said, bokeh is nice, super-sharp, very little (no?) CA that I can see, built like a tank. For £500, it's a steal.

So you received yours from jessops or you already owned it?

Thinking to buy it for video use with gx80..

What about focus breathing?i read that it's pretty "bad"..

Jessops. I couldn't not at that price. (Thank you reckless credit card companies.)

No idea on any focus breathing issue TBH, I'll only use it for stills and as long as it's sharp and reliable, I'm generally happy. lol

If you can find one, rent one to try it out. I've rented various kit and it's good to get to know what it's like before laying down a wedge of cash.