ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silenced decat vs non silenced

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Hi i want to buy a decat, but i don't know which one to go for.
I want the car to be sounding a bit sporty'er but not bleeding ears sporty, need to be able to drive it on motorways.
I have a cat back K-tec ultra preformance zorst.
Car is a Mk2 Ph2 172.

So is the straight thru cat realy so loud or is the diffrence between the silenced and the non silenced allmost unexistant.

Need a decat asap, cuz my car starts making a resonating/kluncky/metally sound from 4k revs on, and as i've just changed the exhaust, i think it may be the cat.

Any help or opinions greatly appreciated:D

Iceburg 172FF
I have a silenced one and combined with my stealth exhaust still makes my ears bleed, not worth the extra tbh. Could be the cat making the noise like you said but have you checked the heatshields and the spring bolts on the manifold/cat? My springs bolts where rusting away and rattling like a mofo from 4k, changed them, tightened all the heatshields and now all is good!

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I have a silenced one and combined with my stealth exhaust still makes my ears bleed, not worth the extra tbh. Could be the cat making the noise like you said but have you checked the heatshields and the spring bolts on the manifold/cat? My springs bolts where rusting away and rattling like a mofo from 4k, changed them, tightened all the heatshields and now all is good!

The heatshields are ok as far as i can tell, but will have a look at the springs bolts.

Cheers:)