ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silly Fast Audi Content

ph1 track weapon
what an absolute blinder of a car! power is so linear but blisteringly quick. pics and vids to follow :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Mikes was an avant, same engine spec though. He sold it as it was forever broken and he never saw more than 23mpg.

ph1 track weapon
Not had a chance to take any pics or vids yet sadly, and about to go on holiday but will get on the case when I get back :)

Economy seems to be suprisingly good though. Got 200 miles to £30 which ain't too bad :)

Only booted it once on the way home last night, and the speed at which it covers ground is unreal. Scary actually!

ph1 track weapon
I commute to work along a dual carriageway basically and 99% of my driving is motorway. I'm not gonna rag it around for no reason especially heading to work and back, so it's not as if I'm driving uneconomically

ph1 track weapon
Dave - 65 actually lol.

Filled up today (£76!!!!!) and it's showing 600 miles to empty. Yeah right!!!!!

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
That looks lovely!! Pff Get bored!! I doubt it! I think the slight issue with MPG is when you put your foot down the sound/power must be rather addictive so you may put your foot down a little more :rasp:! I love these cars really nice! Hope reliability isn't to much of an issue, as previously mentioned it won't be cheap! But good buy mate looks amazing, you really need to get some videos up! :D

ph1 track weapon
Reyes - yeah bloke was on driftworks and the Audi forum. Lot of people know the car hence I went for it

It is addictive yep. Sounds a little like a focus RS but smoother, and boost is awesome, although til I start the new job in jan it does 40 miles each day so I sit on cruise at 70 or so all the time

No issues so far, bar a slight misfire which I think is a plug as no faults on vag com.

Just needs a good clean and might do an oil change. Aside from that nothing planned for now except a health check at MRC in Banbury later in the month.

I'll do some vids on Thursday hopefully :) and a good polish and some photos :)

Then longer term the aim is 500/500, seats and ARBs and some track time. :)

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Good choice, I had a standard B5 for a bit, had to have both the turbos done :( but it was an awesome car. If I'm honest I wish i'd kept it longer!

Do you have the blue alcantara, black leather or white leather interior? Noggy blue is definatly the way forward, lovely colour. Are they the B6 wheels as well?

Heres an old pic of mine..

Picture001.jpg

AudiS4040.jpg

ph1 track weapon
i have the standard heated full black leather, but ideally after a set of nice recaro pole positions :)
wheels are the b6 ones yeah :)

yeah they do look a little dated i'll give you that. wheels bring it up to date and tempted to cover a few bits in carbon too. interior is a lovely place to be though. so comfy, even with the coilovers its still so nice and easy to cruise around in.

gagging for the chance to give it some proper abuse but want the all clear from MRC before i go playing trackdays :)

S4 Avant
Nice spec, I think I've seen it up for sale before now.

I'm very much after an S4 but keep putting it off. With the clio becoming more and more unreliable though, it's getting tempting.

I'm more inclined to go for the B6 though, the thought of the turbos going on the B5 and the fact that it's so dated, just puts me off.

ph1 track weapon
dave, i got sick of clios and my final one was a pain in the ass. hadnt been looking for an s4 but this one, with the sheer history of it was a no brainer.

tbh i would have worried about turbos but they were freshly rebuilt a year ago so i'm happy enough that theyre safe :) it is a tad dated but i still really like the looks myself :)

b6 sounds epic yes, but this leaves them for dead lol

Ph1 ITB'd 172
dave, i got sick of clios and my final one was a pain in the ass. hadnt been looking for an s4 but this one, with the sheer history of it was a no brainer.

tbh i would have worried about turbos but they were freshly rebuilt a year ago so i'm happy enough that theyre safe :) it is a tad dated but i still really like the looks myself :)

b6 sounds epic yes, but this leaves them for dead lol

Yea it depends what you are into, the B6 is no way near as tunable as the B5!

These B5's with some RS4 parts can see mega power! I think they are great looking cars, if you are worried about the dated look try and find one that is a saloon and been fitted with RS4 wings - front and rear... there a few on AudiSRS and they look amazing! They usually sell for 10K+ though.

ph1 track weapon
Yeah wide body would be lovely :)

Thing is though, apparently the intercooler wot fit under the rs4 front bumper, plus I kinda like the sleeper thing :)

ph1 track weapon
Yeah I know I have no further pics yet, but not had a chance to get out to a decent spot as of yet!

A few new bits being done though. Getting the suspension set up at xsport again as they did a great job on the Clio before, and also getting a Bosch 044 fuel pump, water/meth injection and a map tweak which should get me to about 490-500bhp. Then I'm leaving it and getting some track time under my belt as I want to really get a chance to learn the handling characteristics of the car and unleash its full potential.

I have some vids, although unsure if they're any good yet as taken by a mate and yet to watch them :)

Watch this space!

ph1 track weapon
Still no massive updates really.

Have given it a good once over and a clean and toyed with the damping a bit. Managed to almost completely dial out the understeer, so it's a lot more chuckable and just needs a Hotchkiss ARB at the back to improve the turn in that little bit more

Exhaust is having the silencers removed, as that addictive v6 turbo rasp isn't loud enough

Lastly it's having the new fuel pump, a map tweak and vagcom session to add some more features

Other than that I'm really just learning to adapt from the chuck ability of a Clio to a 4wd heavyweight, as having been out with a good friend who's an ex racing driver he's given me a lot of tips.

Touch wood its still 100% reliable, and with a fresh oil change it's smoother than even

New year will also see a brake overhaul, as I think the fluid is past it's best (may just need a bleed as the pedal feel isn't great) and some
Better pads, a new pair of track rods to replace the tired ones (£12 a pair) and I'm gonna give the gearbox and diffs a flush.

Then once the roads and tracks are dry it's gonna get back on the trackday circuit :)

ph1 track weapon
Managed to change a few bits and hit 490/540, but now sold, as I've just bought a house, and pennies are going towards a sub £1k runner and some decorating :D

Gonna miss it loads but nice tidy profit so all's well :)

SQ5
Lol at the hate and first post?!

RS4 power is relatively easy really, as long as you've got the money.

Focus RS Mk1
you sold this already! crikey! that didnt last long! surely you saw the house purchase coming?

shame, nice car.

ph1 track weapon
you sold this already! crikey! that didnt last long! surely you saw the house purchase coming?

shame, nice car.

well its a house i've been eyeing up for a long long time and knocked one day and asked the owners if they had any plans to sell. this was 6 months or so ago, then out of the blue got a call, price was more or less right, so have gone for it :)