ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silly Question regarding hdd??

Bumder With A Buffer
We have an old Packard Bell PC from a few years ago (4-5). It has a relatively small hdd in it and we also have another PC that houses all my other halfs music and work bits etc

I want get rid of her rediculously old and heavy one which means transferring all her bits on the hdd in the packard bell. Now what I wanted to do was buy a 500gb or 1tb hardrive and mount that in the case as a secondary but those cheap stock cases dont have any addtional brackets to mount any more hdd's?? I dont really want to buy a 1tb and only have that as that means sodding around doing a new install and transferring all my bits and pieces over.

Any ideas/suggestions? Can you buy a bracket that gives you an addtional mounting point?? I have limited knowledge of this...

Bumder With A Buffer
Im not sure actually. I literally whipped the side off and looked at the hdd fixing and that was it. Il have to take a proper look later.

My HDD lives in the bay for the floppy drive. My old GTX260 graphics card was gigantic and took up all the HDD spaces so I had to shift it. New GPU is considerably smaller but I've not really seen the need to move the HDD back. It seems to be happy enough where it is.