ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver 172 Cup @ Dealers

R

rich[182]

To all Cup owners - How do you feel about the Cup being available in silver ?

Local dealer has a silver cup brand new - has air con, 172 alloys (not normal spoked cup alloys) for £13900 on the road inc roadtax

Personally think the cup should only be in the original blue

????

Sounds like theyve just removed the headlamp washers and stuck "172 cup" stickers on an Iceburg 172 hehehehehehe

R

rich[182]

Its strange - the seats were definitely cup seats but the carbon look trim on the dashboard was silver NOT blue !! Yeh no headlamp washers but did have cup rear boot spoiler/brake light, cup 172 badges on door pillars but no ABS etc

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 20 December 2003

I only think of a cup as a blue one. I see the silver ones as wannabes lol!

Same here its just not a "proper" Cup, imagine a silver willy it just aint the same :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Why is a silver cup a wannebe ? its still a cup.. just painted in different colours. Jeez, oh no my car is now available in a different colour.. shock horror.

Personally though I think they should have offered ABS and not Aircon as an option.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 21 December 2003

Why is a silver cup a wannebe ? its still a cup.. just painted in different colours. Jeez, oh no my car is now available in a different colour.. shock horror.

Personally though I think they should have offered ABS and not Aircon as an option.
^Agree^

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

weve got a silver cup as a demo but its still got the cup wheels on it.the blue colour still gets my vote though.

It still looks nice in silver. And Im sure the one in Toomey Basildon had black seats in it. It looked quite classy. Im still glad I got blue though. Couldnt put up with people saying it wasnt a real cup if Id got silver.

172, Tiguan

Wel IMO your all wrong, the Silver is much better than that common blue. LMAO. Who really cares. My Silver Cup is just as quick as all the other ones.

Im just safe in the knowledge there was only about 250 made. LMAO.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 21 December 2003

Wel IMO your all wrong, the Silver is much better than that common blue. LMAO. Who really cares.
Yeah, a colour is a colour and all down to personal taste...

Personally I prefer mondial blue, hence why I bought one, and Jon prefers silver, hence why he bought one.

At the end of the day it is still a Cup!

My Silver Cup is just as quick as all the other ones.

[/QUOTE]
Without any proof (i.e. a timing slip) thats yet to be proven matey! ;)

p.s. Did you get climate?!

Wel IMO your all wrong, the Silver is much better than that common blue. LMAO. Who really cares. My Silver Cup is just as quick as all the other ones.

Im just safe in the knowledge there was only about 250 made. LMAO.

Yeah plus the thousands of silver 172s they made :D:D

Mk2 Golf GTI

sounds like you blue cup owners have a very large chip on your shoulder;) and comparing this to a williams being silver is totally irrelevant

172, Tiguan

Yes Rich I did get climate. Need to do some investigating about the R-Sport Ecu, which if being OK will go on after chrimbo when funds allow. Also thinking about the Supersprint exhaust. and the CDA or Viper, though the green filter is doing its job nicely. Back seat is coming out soon.

Next RR session local(ish) to me ill be there. Also off to LeMans if anyone fancies, oh and the Nurburgring. Ill just drive across Europe on the Avon ACB10s lol.

P.S, All you haters, Silver Rules.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1071487315__splitter.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1070371743__car.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1064492897__DSCS0083small.jpg

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 22 December 2003

Yes Rich I did get climate. Need to do some investigating about the R-Sport Ecu, which if being OK will go on after chrimbo when funds allow. Also thinking about the Supersprint exhaust. and the CDA or Viper, though the green filter is doing its job nicely. Back seat is coming out soon.

Next RR session local(ish) to me ill be there. Also off to LeMans if anyone fancies, oh and the Nurburgring. Ill just drive across Europe on the Avon ACB10s lol.

P.S, All you haters, Silver Rules.
Yeah, I thought you did...

There was no definate answer on the R-Sport thing when I was looking at getting mine, so I went without!

172, Tiguan

I will try in the new year. If it doesnt work with the Climate then ill just have to do without