ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SILVER 2.0 BADGES FOR DOORS

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

got some of these this morning any ideas how to fit, the old ones wont move think ive gotta lever them off ???

garage said i might have to take the whole rubbing strip off ???

Leon Cupra

Still say they look crap dont see why you want them. Anyway i think you do have to take the whole lot off because they hook on to the bump stip. Mine hade to go back to Renault to have the pasenger side one put back on because it was hanging off when i got the car.

Tim.

Skoda Fabia vRS

your jus gonna end up with a load of car owners thinkin they have just beat a 172.........i wouldnt put em on

Lionel Richie

Please dont put them on, youll look like a saxo driver (sorry, but i dont agree with pretending youve got a 172)

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

You have to take the side strips off, very easy, just pop the cap off inside the car, squeeze in the 2 plastic prongs, then slide off. The badge is obvious after the side strips are off.

Silver Fabia vRS

Oh yeah by the way I hope your telling your insurance company your sticking 2.0 badges on because your just raising your insurance group to between 16 - 18! If it gets nicked because someone thinks its a 2.0 they will only torch it when they find out its not!

JAS - You have to take the side strips off, very easy, just pop the cap off inside the car...

Do you have to take the door trim off? How do you get the Mk2 side strips off?

Silver Fabia vRS

Side strip removal is a piece of pi$$! The strip on the front doors has a gromit on the inside that needs to be removed first. This gives you access to a clip that needs to be pushed in in order to make it possible to remove the strip.

With this clip pushed in, slide the side strip towards the back of the car and it will come off. The smaller rear strip just needs to be pushed to the front of the car and then that will come off.

I think that makes sense? If not I can take some photos and post them somewhere?

Range Rover, GTC, LP640

GUYS YOUR ALL WRONG--screwdriver very carefully below the badge and then at top and off it pops sussed it coz u lot were all being boring on sat

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

JJ, as Geoff said after me, its a small grommit by the side of the door, and you dont have to take the door trim off.

GR7

Shiny red R32

JJ172, you will have 172 owners saying that a 1.2 was trying to shake them off!

There should be laws against this kind of thing

What sort of complete t**ser would badge a 1.2 up as a 172 ??

Im sorry, but I think it is one of the saddest things I have ever come across, and you rank WELL below the Max Power Nova muppets for this one Hilly...

I have one question (which has been asked above but not answered) WHY ??

What Renault ought to do is to make you prove you have a certain car to buy the relevant decal parts for it. The only exception to this is Nick read... he can keep his Sport badge on his 16V as it kicks the arse of all our 172s!!

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

Not something I would even consider but i dont see anything particularly wrong becuase any reasonably knowledegable car nut would be able to tell the difference a mile away and probably pi$$ themselves laughing if they saw a 1.2 with a 2.0 badge & if you couldnt tell the difference chances are you wouldnt care anyway.

GR7

Shiny red R32

They would be posting messages on the Saxo forum "Saxo toasts a *172* yet again"!

Clio V6 255

Quote "What Renault ought to do is to make you prove you have a certain car to buy the relevant decal parts for it"

I believe this is standard renault procedure. they ask for details of certain numbers inside the door of your 172 before they get the parts. This is also a security issue so you cant order parts for a stolen car.

Correct me if im wrong but that is what my dealership does.

I admit i am one of those "sad, stupid, clearly insane and cabbage smelling" people who has silver badges on their dynamique. Reasons! 1. looks better in my opinion, besides, if they dont know what the difference is between models, then i doubt they understand that the silver badge means 2.0 16V and reason 2. My car is in the process of being trimmed to have a similar looking 172 exterior becuase "yes" it looks better!!!. Afterall, silver is the secondary colour of the car after black.

Besides, too many cars have those scabby 16V badges, and I dont drive like a moron and rarely have races so nobody is going to claim that they have beaten a 172.

I think thats less worse than saxos putting all manner of stickertastic things on their cars. mmm, lets put a skyline badge on my grill. fantastic. not.

Right! that should be good enough! bring it on!!!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Make sure that you get rid of all the orange bulbs and side repeaters too, then everything will be black and silver.