ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim City (5)

Petrol Blue 182.
Dual core processors are definitely required. In terms of OS, the game can run on XP as well as on Vista and Windows 7. Sim City 5 will require a minimum of 1.5GB of RAM for the XP and takes up 2 GB for the Vista and Windows 7. For graphic processing, your chipset should have a recommended memory of 2GB RAM.

If Sim City 4 is anything to go by, you will need to be at least doubling the minimum spec to get anything like usable performance once you've got a large town.

Hugely impressed by the minute level of detail, but as a) I now own a Mac, and b) strongly disagree with always online, I won't be buying it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Quad-Core, 12GB RAM, 580 SLI, i should be fine. It looks awesome, i just hope its not too difficult but also challenging.

Listerine & Poledo
Athlon x2 64 with 3gb.

It works.

But I cant see it sticking SC 5. Never mind, I've still got lots of SC4 to finish off yet (since reloading in June)
8056381416_1dccd5521a.jpg

Clio 172, Pug 106
I have just re-installed SC4... cant wait for the new one to come out...
It was on show at the european gamers expo in london last week, wouldnt of minded going for a nosey

Listerine & Poledo
SC4 is stil just as playable as it was 8 years ago. Gotta have Rush Hour expansion though.

Looks class. Needing 2GB of VRAM doesn't sound too fun though, I run my PC games through Bootcamp and the 5750 in my iMac is pants at the best of times.

Nissan 350z
Thats the least of the worries, the more concerning are:
- Your ISP is having difficulties but you want to play?
- The game is popular at launch and the login servers cant handle the load?
- Time passes and the game is no longer popular so EA cba to pay to run the servers anymore and switch them off?

The last one being the biggest worry. People in this topic still mention playing SimCity4 which is what, a 2002 game? You can beat your money EA wont still be running the authentication servers for SimCity5 in 10yrs time from now.

german
I'm not worried about not being able to play a game 5 years down the line because they've turned the servers off, I'll buy the latest version.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I don't think it is coming out on mac so I need to get a desktop! Ideally an iMac running windows too.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thats the least of the worries, the more concerning are:
- Your ISP is having difficulties but you want to play?
- The game is popular at launch and the login servers cant handle the load?
- Time passes and the game is no longer popular so EA cba to pay to run the servers anymore and switch them off?

The last one being the biggest worry. People in this topic still mention playing SimCity4 which is what, a 2002 game? You can beat your money EA wont still be running the authentication servers for SimCity5 in 10yrs time from now.

^^^ - spot on.

D.

Clio
I never buy PC games (apart from FM) but I'm getting this. I used to love Sim City when I was about 11.

Will I need a decent spec machine to run it? I never have the time though. I think I might become a single unemployed alcoholic in February.