ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim City (5)

Played this a lot over the weekend.

Here are my thoughts:

- when you can actually get into a server, let alone the one you were last playing on....the game is freaking epic! So much detail it's unreal.

- things like gifting money, and sharing resources takes a long time to switch between cities.

- it's slightly easier than I thought, aside from a few disasters I've encountered (zombies, aliens and asteroids), it's pretty easy to get a very big city, even with the limited space. Although, that doesn't mean that's the end for that city of course. Getting high wealth sims seems tricky.

I've had a few issues where I had to roll back to an earlier city because EA fucked up AGAIN. But it's been pretty trouble free for me (excluding the finding a server issue)

I tried to connect to your region Chris, but every time Euro West 5 was full!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
It's only my graphics card that is below the spec I think so it looks like I should be alright

Nissan 350z
Played this a lot over the weekend.

Here are my thoughts:

- when you can actually get into a server, let alone the one you were last playing on....the game is freaking epic! So much detail it's unreal.

- things like gifting money, and sharing resources takes a long time to switch between cities.

- it's slightly easier than I thought, aside from a few disasters I've encountered (zombies, aliens and asteroids), it's pretty easy to get a very big city, even with the limited space. Although, that doesn't mean that's the end for that city of course. Getting high wealth sims seems tricky.

I've had a few issues where I had to roll back to an earlier city because EA f**ked up AGAIN. But it's been pretty trouble free for me (excluding the finding a server issue)

I picked up a copy over the weekend and i'll echo this. When i actually got to play it was very good and i really got sucked in.... HOWEVER my UI messed up so i had to relog except i couldnt because the server was now High population and i had to wait 30mins to carry on playing the server i was just on...

Not to mention I've lost count in the amount of times ive recieved the "Unable to claim a city because the servers are down" which has prevented me from playing.

Im now playing on a server called "Antartica" because all of the EU ones are full. Great! :mad:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I wish EA weren't such c**ts otherwise I'd be all over this, but refuse to install Origin/buy another EA game :(.

I like the fact that of the two recent Origin-enabled games I've bought in retail DVD packaging - I've had to download each game through Origin as the media failed to work with it.

EA - come on. Seriously?

D.

Clio
My laptops graphic card isn't upto spec. But I might go and buy it tonight and see if I can struggle through.

Problem is that if it doesn't work I know I'll buy a new laptop and then have a new laptop for a game that doesn't really work anyway.

Tough decisions.

I've set up a Cliosport region if anyone wants to join...

Server: Europe West 5
Region: Viridian Woods (16 Cities, 4 Great Works)
Region Name: Cliosport

I'm ukaskew37 on Origin so add me as a friend and I will ping you an invite.

City plots are up to individuals, but only claim one.

I've been able to invite Dan Freeman to the region so far, I've sent a few friends requests and accepted quite a few, but nobody appears to have access to Euro West 5 yet as I'm not getting any friends aside from Dan in the invite box.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
They need to patch the traffic AI, it's f**king terrible. Once my cities get beyond 100k, things start to break as all the services get stuck.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I find the environment difficult to work with as well, it doesn't always allow you to place things how you want to and should you want to remove a road it quite often wants to demolish nearby buildings as well.

I'm loving it though although I can't get on again this evening to play, FFS.

GTD, Lupo
Im starting to enjoy this a lot more now. Just started my first multiplayer region and i got to 120k people before i started to run low on water.

Gorms1981 if anyone wants to add me.

Fiesta ST-3
I was just about to reply to you.
I just have windows installed via bootcamp. Works a treat, no issues at all so far.

Cheers dude. I popped to tescos tonight to get windows 7 but they only had 8 and I've been reading up that people have had issues running 8 through bootcamp.

Im starting to enjoy this a lot more now. Just started my first multiplayer region and i got to 120k people before i started to run low on water.

I think this is a bug, rain is supposed to replenish the water table, but it isn't. You can plop a Pumping Station next to a Sewage Treatment Plant (because the Treatment Plant releases clean water back into the table)

SQ5
I've been playing 4 all last night, I don't have a laptop good enough for any newer games and I don't think I have the patience with all these server issues.

Fiesta ST-3
Ok so no where sells windows 7 locally and the Mac boot camp doesn't recognize windows 8. Where did people source windows 7 from?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've been playing 4 all last night, I don't have a laptop good enough for any newer games and I don't think I have the patience with all these server issues.

Same, I'm unsure if my laptop is good enough to play it at all. It runs 4 absolutely fine, and it used to run WoW on a fairly basic setting, so I think it might, but don't want to take the risk.

Clio
I bought it last night. Didn't go to plan really. Was super slow and juddery.

Can I justify a new laptop......

Bux

Golf GTD
I was tempted to get this but decided against it because of the £45 pricetag. Wish i'd seen it when it first got released. There was a trick where if you changed your region to India, you could buy it from the indian Origin store for the equivalent of £17.50 and then change your region back to UK, and you would still have the game. My brother did it so I know it worked.

Unfortunately EA has caught onto this now and has removed it from the Indian Origin Store. :(

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I was tempted to get this but decided against it because of the £45 pricetag. Wish i'd seen it when it first got released. There was a trick where if you changed your region to India, you could buy it from the indian Origin store for the equivalent of £17.50 and then change your region back to UK, and you would still have the game. My brother did it so I know it worked.

Unfortunately EA has caught onto this now and has removed it from the Indian Origin Store. :(

It's £45 but with 20% discount on greenmangaming if that helps

Fiesta ST-3

tesco £33

Clio
Switch Lighting to Min and Tilt Shift to Low, it makes a huge difference to the performance.

Everything on low except tilt shift. Even the sound is like listening to someone with a stutter! I thought I had a foreign version to start lol. I'm resigned that it will cost me £400 to play it.
We are gettin the bedroom done and if he comes in under my budget I'm going to spend the extra on a new laptop, if not I might give the current laptop a refresh and see if it helps!

We have a couple of people on the Cliosport region now, anyone else waiting for an invite? Remember I can only see you to invite you if you've accessed the server (Euro West 5) and at the very least opened and closed the tutorial.

Managed to get a commercial factory (or whatever its called) toady. Raking it in making TVs and computers!

Still addicted despite a lot of issues (not server related, I mean people complaining there's no parks, when they're right by one etc)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
All the analysis done on the agents thing has ruined the game for me now. I'm going to wait for them to start fixing things til I play again.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
There are a lot of fundamental problems with it, can't demolish roads because you end up taking out buildings you don't want to, it complains about fire even though there is no problem. Tonight I created a second recycling center in another city and shared out loads of trucks to my 1st city only for them to work within the 2nd city only, WTF?

All the analysis done on the agents thing has ruined the game for me now. I'm going to wait for them to start fixing things til I play again.

The individual nature of the agents was the main reason I bought it, as it stands it doesn't appear to be any more intelligent than Sim City 4 (which has years of mods behind it to improve it further).

In theory it should have been difficult to return to SC4 (which basically just displays a summary of what is going on) with it's smoke and mirrors, but in many ways 2013 is even worse, it's trying to be clever but failing, ruining a lot of the game in the process.

I genuinely don't believe even a very high spec PC could simulate what we thought the game would be (i.e. individual sims with homes, jobs and needs etc) for anything more than a large town at best.

Saying that, I do just enjoy the building aspect of it, and the region stuff has potential.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a bit pissed off with 20 fire trucks going to one fire whilst the rest of my city burns tbh. Traffic AI is completely fucked.

Clio 172, Pug 106
Im still unsure if to get it yet, or wait till the bugs have been ironed out...

Anyhow, get some screenshots of your cities up!! im intregued