ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Simon Norris Evo 6 crash, f***about!

A silver Honda
At Castlecombe yesterday:eek:

Before...

crash1.jpg

After...

crash2.jpg

crash3.jpg

crash4.jpg

crash5.jpg

crash6.jpg

s**t!

crash7.jpg

Check the in car video!

right click and save!

When i went to the JapFest show in may that fence wasn't there...those marshalls/spectators would have been dead without them reckon!

I think the blokes a prat, feel sorry for chrissy lewis though, the driver of the 106

Clio MK2 (1.2)
damm downloaded but cant watch, Silly Video card to slow :( any1 uplode it on photobucket ?

Just confirms what I saw in an Audi Quattro Track day video where he was driving very very aggressively.

Now I know the guys a tit.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i think its a case of him getting carried away wanting to stay with the other Evos. Prat.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
What a s**t driver tbh.

Feel for that 106 driver, hope they sort something out to fix the 106 up. Im sure the evo driver can afford it.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Didnt notice that last pic somehow when i first looked at this thread, thats one amazing pic!

Exactly there they are just minding their own business when he comes along chasing the two other evo's & f*cks it up !!

106 GTi
The 106 owner is a good friend on mine, was helping Chrissy out yesterday changing wheels etc. Some pics before and after.

Some pics of the day, that I have quickly looked at not sorted the rest yet:

combe1.jpg

combe2.jpg

Chrissy in Quali.

combe3.jpg

combe4.jpg

Jeeves in the race.

The accident :( These are cropped from the background of pictures of cars passing me, I did not actually notice them through the lens at the time.

combe5.jpg

combe6.jpg

Daz to the rescue - top bloke

combe7.jpg

combe8.jpg

combe9.jpg

I posted my thoughts earlier about it here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=267751&page=2

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I heard about this from a mate this morning, it looks bad.

He's lucky as that fence wasn't there last year.

I don't think he could handle the other Evo's getting away from him.

We've had a long discussion about this in Spotted (so understandable that it was missed!)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=267751

Also, some discussion on the CC forum including thoughts of a few drivers...

http://www.racecar.net/castlecombeforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2179

and the Lancer Register including comments from Simon himself (page 4 or 5 iirc)...

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?threadid=172595&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Vid of why Norris was ahead of Prebble leading into the incident...

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/MartinMees/?action=view&current=Mov00235-1.flv

In-car vid from Simons car...

http://www.bhpcars.co.uk/mlr/Combe-crash.wmv

106 GTi
I heard about this from a mate this morning, it looks bad.

He's lucky as that fence wasn't there last year.

I don't think he could handle the other Evo's getting away from him.

This is how he passed Prebble in the orange Evo before he took out Chrissy

At the end of the day though it comes to down to driving ability...look at how Mr Norris gained his track position...

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/MartinMees/?action=view&current=Mov00235-1.flv

It was his second ever race iirc, driving a 500bhp Evo in one of the most competitive single-circuit series in the country, he's had numerous incidents at Combe before and not even in race situations.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
simon norris said:
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Thanks for all the kind comments from everyone, feeling Ok if a little sore today!

Everyone has their own opinions on a situation based on experience and vision of the incident, whether it be from inside the car or on video afterwards.

Some facts for you though;

1) I think the accident was my fault, but at the time could not be avoided.

2) The first thing I did was ask the other girl how she was, apologised and shook her hand in the medics room.

3) I was not driving beyond my talent or ability. This was a bad racing incident for which I feel responsible.

4) Gary stopped me from overtaking him at the Esses one lap earlier when we touched side by side, I had the inside line and he had to take the grass. At this time I had gained a position by
virtue of me being in front into the corner on the inside. On the following lap I tried to out brake him on the outside instead and locked up meant me having to take to the grass. I ended up in front and did not know that I should yield this gained place, I held my hand up to appologise but did not know what was the correct etiquette. I have spoken with Gary about this and appologised.

5) I already stated to one of Chirssy's friends that if Castle Combe declare the accident my fault I would pay her £1000 towards her repair bill.

6) Something needs to be done about the differing speeds in this championship, no one has more of a right to be in it than another but the speed differential is dangerous.

Finally I will be back with another car next year and intend to silence all the people who say I can't drive and do my talking on the race track.

Cheers all and sorry to Chrissy!

Simon
smile.gif
[/FONT]

good to see he admits its his fault

172DD Cup
just read the lancer register thread. interesting. this sounds fast (from Simon Norris' sig)

30 To 130Mph: 5.06 Secs
0-60Mph: 2.4 Seconds
0-100Mph: 4.3 Seconds
0-150Mph: 8.0 Seconds
:eek:

just read the lancer register thread. interesting. this sounds fast (from Simon Norris' sig)

30 To 130Mph: 5.06 Secs
0-60Mph: 2.4 Seconds
0-100Mph: 4.3 Seconds
0-150Mph: 8.0 Seconds
:eek:

That's his Time Attack/Ten of the Best car...

154543920-L.jpg

This is his Castle Combe Saloon Car (500bhp ish)...

204978184-L.jpg

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ok. I've spent the last 30 minutes reading through all the forums etc and imo, Norris is completely at fault. He was clearly driving beyond his ability-just look at how he gains places by completely cutting out the esses!

My neighbour also races a peugeot in this class and confirms that the only reason norris is that far ahead in the first place is down to the fact he builds incredibly fast cars, it is not based on talent.

Word of advice sir, maybe you should stick to building engines rather than causing mayhem on the circuit.

1.8 8v RSi
norris is a good driver though from what i remember....he's got enough money to pay for the 106 replacements and his car...just a shame all that work went to waist....and its good no one was seriously hurt

106 GTi
tbh the 106 shouldnt be on the same track as things like that

Think you need to read up on the Castle Combe Saloon series and what else is in it tbh, if anything lose the 4 Evos and let the other 30 odd cars in the championship get on with.

tbh the 106 shouldnt be on the same track as things like that

Other way round really, the Class A (4WD, although just all Evos now) is a new addition to the series due to Keith Murray building an insanely fast Audi about 2 years ago. The series has always been about well prepared hot hatches (205s, Minis, Ibizas, MG ZRs etc), the Class A cars would be better suited to the Class C & D race for the Special GTs...but then potentially they are going to be too slow, particuarly in corners as they really are not quick once it gets a bit twisty.

It's worth pointing out that Tony Hutchings won the overall Championship again this season, his car...a 1.8 MG ZR. If you want to win over the course of a season you don't run a super-fast Class A car.

Be interesting to see what happens, this isn't the first major incident involving Class A (2 Evos wiped each other out at 150mph in the second biggest crash of the season earlier this year).