ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Simon Norris Evo 6 crash, f***about!

i dont care if you put the evos in their own series or what ever but having cars with such vastly different capabilitys isnt a great idea just like touring cars

imho the cars should be in closer brackets and not on track at the same time i agree it was his fault but things like the 106 are just rolling road blocks if you have things like 500bhp evos on the track at the same time

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
204978184-L.jpg

In this pic, on the left hand side of the bumper... is it not illegal in this series to race with an exhaust that exits from anywhere other than the rear of the car?? Yet in the pic that shows the car upside down, there is an additional exhaust under the back bumper?????

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
racing should be about driving ability, not building insanely fast cars and hoping for the best.

this is what happens when its the latter. needs addressing imo

106 GTi
204978184-L.jpg

In this pic, on the left hand side of the bumper... is it not illegal in this series to race with an exhaust that exits from anywhere other than the rear of the car?? Yet in the pic that shows the car upside down, there is an additional exhaust under the back bumper?????

The exhausts have been mentioned on one of the other forums I have read today - can't remember which one, saying the same. Explains the flames it shoots from the side...

is it not illegal in this series to race with an exhaust that exits from anywhere other than the rear of the car?? Yet in the pic that shows the car upside down, there is an additional exhaust under the back bumper?????

"screemer pipe", whatever the hell that is, I believe drivers have already questioned it.

106 GTi
i dont care if you put the evos in their own series or what ever but having cars with such vastly different capabilitys isnt a great idea just like touring cars

imho the cars should be in closer brackets and not on track at the same time i agree it was his fault but things like the 106 are just rolling road blocks if you have things like 500bhp evos on the track at the same time

Like you say the power advantage the group A cars have is silly. By the time the Evos have left the grid they have dropped the pack, a few laps later headlights go on the lapping starts. Leaving lots of other drivers looking in the mirrors. Hopefully this will be addressed.

i totally agree that its his fault, but as someone has already posed, he's come online and given his side on things and admitted fault with apologies adnd mentions paying chrissy money towards fixing hers...
That's enough for me.

yup i hope so it will make it safer and id imagine better racing for the lower groups as they wont have to just always be pulling out of the way for the big boys

but i suppose there is limited track time for the not so popular racing groups

Like you say the power advantage the group A cars have is silly. By the time the Evos have left the grid they have dropped the pack, a few laps later headlights go on the lapping starts. Leaving lots of other drivers looking in the mirrors. Hopefully this will be addressed.

Will be an interesting challenge to address, particuarly when you consider that two of the 'old school' Saloon Car drivers in Class B can actually lap the circuit fractionally slower than the Class A cars. Tim Hanlon (very very talented driver) finished amongst them at the last meeting in his Ibiza Cupra, and Mark Wyatt in his Astra can be right up there as well. Both are due to ability as much as very well prepped cars so I wouldn't have the same concerns regarding driving standards though.

yeah but what spec is the cupra as its not hard to get 400bhp out of them is it they may just do well to limit the bhp not just cc

106 GTi

Will be an interesting challenge to address, particuarly when you consider that two of the 'old school' Saloon Car drivers in Class B can actually lap the circuit fractionally slower than the Class A cars. Tim Hanlon (very very talented driver) finished amongst them at the last meeting in his Ibiza Cupra, and Mark Wyatt in his Astra can be right up there as well. Both are due to ability as much as very well prepped cars so I wouldn't have the same concerns regarding driving standards though.

Hit the nail on the head there, the class A to B void is not that huge. Some of the cornering by some of the Evo's over the year has been crap, so the corners speeds they carry is not that great, compared to the tidy not understeeryness of most others out there in the bends. Makes you wonder how much time they lose at times in the bends ?

Prebble thinks his Evo is good for 1:13's though ?

Tim and Mark have been racing at Coombe for donkeys, they know the track more than most out there.

Those EVO's are in my opinion (10 years watching this championship, handygas anyone??) should not be in the CCRC Saloon Championship. If the Golf and the R5 Turbo are not allowed I can't see why these are :S

All went wrong when that Audi came on the scene.

williams and trophy
looks like he needs driving lessons....the other 2 evo's were panning him, only the straights where his cars quicker he was catchin.

feel sorry for the pug driver.

Megane Trophy
Norris it totally at fault.
The blue book reads that if passing a backmarker the back marker should move off the racing line and be aware of the cars catching. Of which the 106 driver is clearly of the line and slowed to let the evo pass. If norris had made a later apex he would have missed the pug and been with the evos in front still.

Also states that if overtaking via grass or run off area you must yield that position which he clearly doesnt do with the other car.

He took the ARDS test and he should know the bloody rules.

However im very pleased that he has apologised and offered to contribute towards the repair bill. Thats the 1st time ive ever seen that happen in racing. With some more blatent shoves causing written off cars and the culprit leaving without apologising. So fair to play to Norris for that.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Just watched 80% of this, im no racing driver but to me it doesnt look like he has decent control of his car. Hes constantly falling behind the other three, not on the racing line and only catching them up on the straights. When he does manage to overtake the Red Evo he goes into the corner miles to fast and goes on the grass.

106 GTi
He passed the Orange Evo by cutting the chicane and going across the grass, and does not give up the place like he should have - just waves.

Clio 172 mk2
i totally agree that its his fault, but as someone has already posed, he's come online and given his side on things and admitted fault with apologies adnd mentions paying chrissy money towards fixing hers...
That's enough for me.

Agree..seems fair enough to me as well

Lionel Richie
looks like his car is alot quicker in a straight line!

also those evos are far too quick for whatever that series is!

172, Tiguan
Interesting. My own personal opinion is that its a racing incident BUT one that could've been avoided, though its all very well to sit here now watching it over and over. His car was clearly quicker than the other 3 Evo's, however their greater ability (skill?) in carrying more speed through corners was evident. Some of the lines he was taking were odd.

Tbh, they're to quick to be in the same series as the other class's of cars. The closing speed difference was rediculous.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Norris drives like a nobber in a previous race he illegal overtook a car and then didnt let them retake the place as per the rules, he shudnt of even been in the race where he crashed.

You break the rules you should be out.

I hope he gets banned form the series for reckless driving, theres a drivers meeting later in the week about it be interesting to see if he turns up.

Granted he has time attack and drag experience but as a competitive race driver he has next to none hes only done 2 previous meetings.

About 2 laps before he went far too fast into the esses and cut straight across the grass nearly colliding with another evo, reckless driving

williams and trophy
dunno bout that series, but with most, video shot in the race, in car, is NOT allowed to go on public forums afaik

dunno bout that series, but with most, video shot in the race, in car, is NOT allowed to go on public forums afaik

Not a problem with Combe, very open racing club. Quite a few drivers post their races on the CC Forum the day after a meeting, Radical laps in the Special GTs are insane, soooooo fast!

106 GTi

Not a problem with Combe, very open racing club. Quite a few drivers post their races on the CC Forum the day after a meeting, Radical laps in the Special GTs are insane, soooooo fast!

Chrissy had a camera in the car, already had ran out of film though, would have been scary to watch back if it had not.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Was driving like a nobber, pure and simple. Should be jailed for nearly killing her through a complete lack of thought and consideration for anyone else on that track, displayed through his driving throughout that video.