ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Simon Norris Evo 6 crash, f***about!

106 GTi
I saw that Pic yesterday, and the comment the photog. wrote, I know Chrissy posts on there but not sure if she has seen it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
OOOPS! Was a racing incident.

At the same time tho, what the hell were they doing on the same track! Thats suicide! Seriously quick car but the tyres were going off after a few laps.

erm, thats racing - mistakes are made by novices and experts...

the guy (Simon Norris)? didn't need to offer to pay her a grand if the accident was found to be his fault. Hats off to him for having the courtesy to do that. You think they do that in the clio bump championship?

I'd say fair play - he's admitted a mistake and move on...

/y0z

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Yep at least evryone was ok and he did put his hand in his pocket.He could of just said f**k off and gone for a pint

erm, thats racing - mistakes are made by novices and experts...

the guy (Simon Norris)? didn't need to offer to pay her a grand if the accident was found to be his fault. Hats off to him for having the courtesy to do that. You think they do that in the clio bump championship?

I'd say fair play - he's admitted a mistake and move on...

/y0z

one of the best things anyone has said in this whole topic about simon.

should lewis hamilton be aloud to drive a f1 car ? due to him crashing in a pit lane? does that mean he cant drive at all?

thats racing IMO

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Hamilton is a bad example.

700-bhp f1 car with no rear tyres in the wet is a bit tricky to control.

A fully track worthy evo driven wrecklessly is another matter, but as yoz says good on the guy for admitting his errors.

Hamilton is a bad example.

700-bhp f1 car with no rear tyres in the wet is a bit tricky to control.

A fully track worthy evo driven wrecklessly is another matter, but as yoz says good on the guy for admitting his errors.

lol how is a fully track worthy evo better then a F1 car?ahh due to tyres isnt it? what a joke. mistakes happen in racing. this wasnt on the road.its a racing accident.these things happen

and when having a 120bhp car vs 400bhp cars it will happen more often. IMO these cars should even be on the same track.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
He was driving slightly recklessly in my opinion. He plainly didn't/doesn't have the ability to drive that thing to its maximum potential.

But he can obviously, without any errors at all, spell UNDERSTEER!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
he is only going to pay the £1000 towards the damage though if cc say he was at fault which imo he was.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tbh after realising this was a race and not just a track day...and watching the film you can see on that film he just gets complaisant and out drives himself... looks like he hits the corner and goes on to the mud/grass... that corner always has crashes on it, as i said looks like he hits the grass then understeers and oversteers and clips the 106... tbh i think its a freak accident and as its a racing series, i think him offering to pay 1k if its deemed his fault is pretty nice of him tbh...

in touring cars when they bump and crash they dont pay each other... its a racing series accidents happen....

im not saying he is blame free he was out driving himself... but i dont think he did it on purpose or because he is that terrible at driving...

evo's understeer like bitches when they have to much power though...

also i kinda think this has got out of hand cos its simon norris lol... if it gad been some un known.... i dont think people would get this arsey over it.... met him a few times and he helped with me car once and i wasnt charged for it lol so as far as i care he is a nice enough guy lol.

Clio 172 mk2
tbh after realising this was a race and not just a track day...and watching the film you can see on that film he just gets complaisant and out drives himself... looks like he hits the corner and goes on to the mud/grass... that corner always has crashes on it, as i said looks like he hits the grass then understeers and oversteers and clips the 106... tbh i think its a freak accident and as its a racing series, i think him offering to pay 1k if its deemed his fault is pretty nice of him tbh...

in touring cars when they bump and crash they dont pay each other... its a racing series accidents happen....

im not saying he is blame free he was out driving himself... but i dont think he did it on purpose or because he is that terrible at driving...

evo's understeer like b**ches when they have to much power though...

also i kinda think this has got out of hand cos its simon norris lol... if it gad been some un known.... i dont think people would get this arsey over it.... met him a few times and he helped with me car once and i wasnt charged for it lol so as far as i care he is a nice enough guy lol.

Agree

He's a good chap and TBH I think he's being pretty good offering to help put with the costs

If it was anyone else crasing that car would there be such a commotion?

And probably lost potential future customers

I doubt it. By all accounts his car was pretty damn fast!

It was a racing incident. Norris has put his hands up and admitted blame. Whats the big deal?

As others have said theres only a big fuss because of who he is. ETA it was an impressive smash though!

and when having a 120bhp car vs 400bhp cars it will happen more often. IMO these cars should even be on the same track.

Speed differential over a lap was 19% between Chrissie and Simon. The average for a multi-class championship is roughly between 20-25%.

Many race series need to be multi-classed to be financially viable, it happens all the time and is no different at Castle Combe, it's part of racing.

If they ban Class A at Combe it will make no difference to closing speeds, the front-runners in Class B (Astra, Ibiza Cupras) can be within 1/2 second of the Evos.