ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

skip skip skip....(172)

F*ck.. has anyone the same problem??

My cd player (reaults standart for 172) skips a lot.. when on a bumpy road, when stoped, when accelarating, when curving...jjjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

is this a known problem to renault??

my brother has a 172 to and the same problem..

Ad

MK2 FRS

Mines not good either compared to my previous two clios, am thinking of trying a CD cleaner to see whether it improves any.

Thank you - I dont think Ill ever be able to get that picture out of my head now - Im off for a shower, I feel violated

lol, so does cliff. but seriously i havnt really had any problems with my cd player skipping, it will occasionally do it when i hit a pothole or on a very very poor roadsurface with loads of bumps in it but this has only really been noticable since the coilovers went on so the car has a firmer ride so i kind of expected it to some extent

Ad

MK2 FRS

Exactly, mine wasnt lowered intially and I had problems, now lowered 40mm its a real pain. On my others I had lowered 40mm with lower profile tyres and never had any problems.

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 08 August 2003

lol, so does cliff. but seriously i havnt really had any problems with my cd player skipping, it will occasionally do it when i hit a pothole or on a very very poor roadsurface with loads of bumps in it but this has only really been noticable since the coilovers went on so the car has a firmer ride so i kind of expected it to some extent
What he said ^^^

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 08 August 2003
mines been ok and its always on, pumping out Cliff Richard....

The words "pumping" and "Cliff Richard" should never be used in the same sentence m8!

320d M Sport

i know! just re-read it!! What was i thinking!?

Im loyal to S-Club 7, everyone knows that.....

Clio 1.6 16V

When I had mine lowered -40mm I noticed that my CD occasionally skipped. Has been fine since I reverted to more sensible and better Eibachs. I now hardly use the CD and just listen to my Magnex backing vocals. But when I do it has to be the Bee Gees (Paddy, Cliff Richard and S-Club 7 are so yesterday mate!!;))