ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky and Surround sound?

Hi guys,

One for my dad this one, he has Sky+ HD downstairs and has a blueray player with surround sound (5.1 iirc?) how ever it doesn't have optical in? He would like sky to be hooked up to the surround sound. Now we've looked at the route of plugging and AUX into the TV head phone socket to the back of the blueray player but it doesn't have AUX in just Optical in. So he's looking at getting a new surround sound system at a budget of say the £150? What's out there I'm clueless with them personally hence the question.

Cheers

Nick

330Ci (Fail)Sport
No idea why it's taken them so many years to sort it out.

Post up the model of the surround sound if you can.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just tell him to buy a home surround sound system with a digital optical input. Easily get a half decent one for between £100 and £150.

I've got a Panasonic one with an iPod Dock and it's more than loud enough for a home system.

Clio 200 Raider
Just tell him to buy a home surround sound system with a digital optical input. Easily get a half decent one for between £100 and £150.

I've got a Panasonic one with an iPod Dock and it's more than loud enough for a home system.

This

You dont need to go the full separates route. You could get one box cinema systems which will do the job. Just check as said for optical at very least for 5.1 for sky.