ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
What’s your package?
Pretty much full package.

Turns out, it was all b****cks! Told original woman we'd think about it and call back. Called back, and this time got thru to retentions. He said he couldn't get us to the same price, but he did improve the price on the previous call. £40 a month for everything bar box sets.
We'll also be getting a SkyQ box for no extra monthly cost - there's a £20 setup, but we've also foregone the "mini" box as we don't have a 2nd TV (if we did want it, it would've put the price up £13 a month).

Due to be setup Weds 8th May.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Pretty much full package.

Turns out, it was all b****cks! Told original woman we'd think about it and call back. Called back, and this time got thru to retentions. He said he couldn't get us to the same price, but he did improve the price on the previous call. £40 a month for everything bar box sets.
We'll also be getting a SkyQ box for no extra monthly cost - there's a £20 setup, but we've also foregone the "mini" box as we don't have a 2nd TV (if we did want it, it would've put the price up £13 a month).

Due to be setup Weds 8th May.

Sounds decent, is that with internet?

133T
I just renewed my Fibre Broadband | Box Sets HD Kids for £40. Let go of Sky Sports until season re-starts.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Any updatesd they giving the bigger discounts when you go through cancel process?
I'm being offered
2 sky q boxes 2tb and mini for 30 one off fee
Then free standard broadband
16.49 line rental
13 multi screen
20 entertainment pack
1 kids
So total 50.49 month
Reckon there's more to be had or are the bigger discounts still possible anymore?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
So has anyone recently tried the cancel game and got any better discounts offered or have the please stay discounts really gone?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
So has anyone recently tried the cancel game and got any better discounts offered or have the please stay discounts really gone?

Yep, got a slightly better deal than the deal I had before which was already very cheap, think it’s £45 for line rental, fibre, standard tv + F1 channel

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
We cancelled it, got offered a shed load, declined - took 18+ months for the contact to stop.

Not missing it, either

535d / t5 caravelle
I need to pull my finger out and get on this, think my contracts ended and the price has gone up, time for a phone call.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I eventually got the 2 new boxes for £30 one off.
Then entertainment, kids, line rental, broadband and multi room for 45 per month.
May been able te get more but I was happy with that. Price started at £80 so still deals to be had

I was paying over £52 for movies, HD and entertainment with a sky+ box. They've got the same deal on their website for £35 with a SkyQ box. I phoned up to get it cheaper and swap the old box for a Q box and she said it would be £13 on top of my current price!

I told them to put me on the freesat package and the cancellation guy claimed he had never heard of sky doing a free tv package and he could only offer a £10 a month deal where I could still use the sky+ features. I told him to look on the sky website to find out about freesat. He went on hold then agreed to put me on it and said it must be a new option. It has been around for decades!!

They're a bunch of BSers

What a bunch of *****'s
Did the usual of cancelling everything as the new deal they were offering was awful, they advised me that they only call 3% of people now with retention deals, I thought I would call their bluff.
What I didn't notice was that their broadband cancellation is only 14 days, so my broadband stopped today!

I jump online to sort a deal and they weren't budging, a crap deal but my wife needs the broadband for work so I agreed to it, they then tell me that to turn back on my broadband that they turned off a few hours a go will take 14 days?!?! I'm fuming.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I phoned up, was nice to them and said I’d like to renew my contract, this is what I got.

64318CAD-E4D2-4071-B4B7-8037DBBDB1A5.png

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Here goes again.

Just called and cancelled and they could only offer 25% off on the phone.

Fingers crossed the offers still pop up!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I was thinking about signing back up to Sky after my faff with VPN this week, but my TV is about as far away from the entry point of the cables as it could be. Not sure I can be arsed with cables across the living room

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I was thinking about signing back up to Sky after my faff with VPN this week, but my TV is about as far away from the entry point of the cables as it could be. Not sure I can be arsed with cables across the living room

FYI Sky are abit funny with VPN usage if you did do with them, eg they are a pain to get working when using the Sky router.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
How did you manage that mate? Mail offer?
I think it was a week or two later I got a text to say a special retention offer had been put on my account and to click the link. Then did web chat to confirm everything.

I checked my sky account everyday and nothing appeared.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I think it was a week or two later I got a text to say a special retention offer had been put on my account and to click the link. Then did web chat to confirm everything.

I checked my sky account everyday and nothing appeared.

What do you get in your package? My contract is due to finish soon and I’ll be leaving unless the price is too good not to.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
What do you get in your package? My contract is due to finish soon and I’ll be leaving unless the price is too good not to.
Absolutely every package they offer but excluding premium channels such as Man Utd tv and such.

Sky Q 2TB plus 2 Sky Q mini.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely every package they offer but excluding premium channels such as Man Utd tv and such.

Sky Q 2TB plus 2 Sky Q mini.

Nice I’m on pretty much the same so I’ll hold out to see if I get the offer too!

Edit, is yours including broadband too?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone cancelled while still in contract? I've spent an hour today scouring the sky website and it's blindingly clear that they have no interest in helping people who have reduced income due to Covid, or any other reason. Looks like I'll have to search for a phone number as thers no contact available on the Web site either!

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
If income is cut due to Covid, they’ll let you leave penalty free. I saw this during the last lockdown. Don’t know if it was forced upon them like payment holidays but...

We cancelled ours recently, they have since called back numerous times trying to entice us, but the other day they offered Sky TV, with boxsets for £15 a month.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Anyone cancelled while still in contract? I've spent an hour today scouring the sky website and it's blindingly clear that they have no interest in helping people who have reduced income due to Covid, or any other reason. Looks like I'll have to search for a phone number as thers no contact available on the Web site either!

I was out of contract but rang up yesterday to cancel; did the options to cancel on the automated phone thing, got through to someone after 25 minute wait, he said can I change ur mind cancelling so I said no, he then said he had to put me through to cancellations... another 45 minute wait. Literally had to argue with them to cancel my account.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Some people phone up & tell them circumstances have changed to keep packages on reduced rates, even though they have not!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Looking on the Web site it basically says don't call us because we don't want to speak to you, then if you want to cancel anything it says "call us" but doesn't have a phone number anywhere!

Land Rover
l just looked on the Sky website under "cancel my contract" and an option to "call us" came straight up.
However as l am not with Sky it wouldn't work as it wanted me to sign in first.
Does this phone number not work?

45CD769C-E6D2-41F1-9B56-BF7947EAF23B.png

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Gave up on the phone after finding online chat. Still took 3 hours to get sorted out! Gone from £138 to £67. God knows how long I'd been paying £5 a month for sky kids 😡.

• Wow
Reactions: Ben

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I used to sell on behalf of sky amongst others and one thing to do if you want multiroom but don't want to pay the extra cost, is pay £5 a month for sky go extra and then pop in the details on the downloadable app on an xbox (also works in another property if you wanted to split the bill with a friend;)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Gave up on the phone after finding online chat. Still took 3 hours to get sorted out! Gone from £138 to £67. God knows how long I'd been paying £5 a month for sky kids 😡.

Good saving! What are you getting for the £67 of you don’t mind me asking? Does it include internet?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I renewed my TV and Broadband at the start of February, and I’ve just got a letter saying they’re putting the prices up from next month. Is this normal when I’m so early in the contract.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I renewed my TV and Broadband at the start of February, and I’ve just got a letter saying they’re putting the prices up from next month. Is this normal when I’m so early in the contract.
They are doing it for everyone. I got the same mate.