ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
This has popped up immediately.

I will wait for the 50%

37589572376_53209bf990_b.jpg

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I never got a 50% online. It only went to 40 then back down to 30 so my advice would be not to keep checking it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
He offered me 40% on the web chat to stay on the first attempt so I'll hang tight and role the dice but good advice.

Listerine & Poledo
My cancel day comes up next week.
Just give the Scottish call centre a flat no and wait on letters / chase calls?

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Just cancelled mine, the best they could offer was £11 off the £80 bill.
Will wait and see what they offer.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
My god the online chat is painful - I get asked a question, answer it, then wait 30 mins until they decide to ask another - still not been offered anything yet, just being asked how often I watch the box sets??!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Cancelled SKy 3 weeks ago. they haven't attempted anything yet. I've had to join BT again and that is not good

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've been told I'm in contract until Jan - forgot about the damn Sky Q re-contract b****cks!

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
21 Minutes later and I've got 50% off, no credit back as they said that finished at the start of October (Dunno whether to believe them but oh well, the missus would of killed me if I actually cancelled)

Thanks guys

12 months later, time to repeat this :)

RenaultSport clio 182
Has anyone else also been charged with a £10 admin fee? Went to cancel, got offered 40% off but then tried to charge me a £10 admin fee. Ive told them just to carry on with the cancelation instead

Clio 197
Has anyone else also been charged with a £10 admin fee? Went to cancel, got offered 40% off but then tried to charge me a £10 admin fee. Ive told them just to carry on with the cancelation instead
yeah, currently paying the cancellation game after the package is due to go to £91 from £51, they told me there best deal which was £70 and i also noticed a £10 admin fee. They seemed to roll over with the cancellation too

RB 182 FF
yeah, currently paying the cancellation game after the package is due to go to £91 from £51, they told me there best deal which was £70 and i also noticed a £10 admin fee. They seemed to roll over with the cancellation too
Pretty much what my sitaution was as well.
I too noticed the admin fee. I did ask for them to remove it but they would'nt budge on that.

133T
So my package is ending next month. Was on Sky Box Sets, Sky Sports, HD, Broadband Unlimited + Sky Q box for £67 per month.

Eventually agreed to the same Sky TV deal, Sky Fibre Unlimited, Sky Mobile (5gb) per month (rolling) for £84. Not sure if good or not but I like Sky and it was headed to over £100.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Wait will they send you a letter saying you owe for early cancellelation fees ( even thou you are well out of contract ! ) then when you call up and tell them they say oh sorry don't worry just an automated letter . Month later another letter higher charges and threatening court flol .
2nd call and bollocking sorted it .
c***s

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Probably not the best deal, but changed from HD to Sky Q with a 2tb box and multiscreen with all the channels + box sets except sports for £56pm. I was paying £68pm for normal HD.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just cancelled sky q with broadband and landline.

Offer when I joined was £43 per month. It's now gone to £91.

Had a phone call offering me a whopping£12 discount. Told them I'll stick with the cancellation. Wonder if I'll get another offer through before the end date.

I can get BT infinity plus the better of their TV packages with sport and landline (she uses that still) for £44pm for 18 months plus a £100 gift card. Need to take the offer before the end of the month though.

The TV I'm not too fussed on as we still only watch the main channels that you get on freeview. I'll probably miss Sky Atlantic but could get now TV for under a tenner per month if I needed it.

Clio 197
I recently cancelled sky TV and rolled back to freeview.

Kept broadband and line rental and currently paying £27.50 pm for that. Don't miss the TV, mine was due to increase to something similar.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Mrs has started to play the game! Cancelled the package today. Was paying £67 for basic hd, multi room, basic broadband.
Would like to pay £25... is that even possible??

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
2 weeks later and all I've had is a 30% discount offer so far.

Bt router and the box gets delivered tomorrow anyway

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
My brother works for a company that sells and installs Sky, he gets really good offers that he can give to friends and family. The only catch is you have to be a new customer so basically haven't had sky in "YOUR" name in the last 12 months. There are ways around this, one being put it in a partners name, billing details doesn't matter so you can still set the payments up from your account. If you've moved address in the last 12 months you'll be fine as there won't be any record of you at that address. I alternate each year between me and my partner. Any body who wants further details message me.

IMG_1576.jpg
IMG_1577.jpg

There could be better deals since I last spoke to him he posted them up on the 4th of Jan.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Currently paying £28pcm for Sky+ HD basic package, Fibre broadband and phone. Term ends 3rd May upon which it will switch to £46pcm.

Phoned up yesterday and cancelled, the guy on the phone would not give me any offers and would not match the current price i am paying.

Looks like the games are about to begin!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's such a scummy business model, why they don't just have sensibly priced packages to start with IDK. I will never use them as long as you have to get 50% off for it to be palatable.

Clio200 EDC Lux
I think sometime it at depends who you speak to, I am in contract until next year after upgrading to Sky Q end of last year.
So I didn't have any "I am leaving" bargaining to use.
But I did manage to get:
Half price Sky Q multiscreen
Full Sports and movies for £25 for both with free sports HD
With no re-contract either.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Is this trick still standing. I’m due to come if my reduced package and willing to cancel if need be. What deals are people getting for Sky Q with additional boxes and in general.

Golf R/Leon FR
I haven’t been with Sky for over 12 months but rang them on Monday (0333 number) not the one that gets you to India.
Managed to get:
Full Sky package (everything)
HD
2TB Q box
Multiroom
Mini Q Box
Unlimited Fibre
For £80 a month

Land Rover
I guess you are right. I spent more than a years Sky subscription on a mountain bike and my dad could never get his head around people spending £2,000+ on bicycles. Although mine was less than that.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I have been told on good advise. Phone up on last day of month, say you have been made redundant. They have been reported to offer 50% off instantly.

May help.

Or get another provider ?

Land Rover
If people do that they will eventually figure out what is going on and will remove the offer, so people who have genuinely been made redundant will not be able to get the discount.

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't you just set up your own satellite TV company, give yourself all the channels and apply a 100% discount? Havana styleeeeeeee

Land Rover
You can’t give yourself channels!! You have to buy the right to transmit them, particularly premium channels such as sport, where millions are paid by the broadcasters for the right to transmit

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I think I’d be trying like f**k to get Sky cancelled altogether if I was made redundant, never mind half off.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Our discount ended, and it went from £33 upto £86 a month.

Called up, and the best deal they will do is £56 a month. Apparently they won't give the "huge discounts" that they used to give.

133T
Our discount ended, and it went from £33 upto £86 a month.

Called up, and the best deal they will do is £56 a month. Apparently they won't give the "huge discounts" that they used to give.

What’s your package?