ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Go on tv?

Clio200 EDC Lux
Is there anyway to mirror Sky go from a tablet etc to a smart tv? I know Sky have purposely built in software to prevent this etc but has anyone managed a work around?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Sky GO app just blocks the HDMI output while the app is open AFAIK, maybe something on Cydia if you jailbreak.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I don't get why they'd block this, when they let you watch skygo on Xbox etc. Have you got a laptop? I watch sky on my Mac via browser, nothing to stop me plugging an external screen in and watching on that.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I don't get why they'd block this, when they let you watch skygo on Xbox etc. Have you got a laptop? I watch sky on my Mac via browser, nothing to stop me plugging an external screen in and watching on that.
Because it would essentially be multi room. Xbox in living room, upstairs tv running from the iPad. Etc.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Is that why I can no longer stream BT sport or Sky from my iPad and iPhone to my Apple TV via AirPlay?

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
also, just so you're aware, if you Jailbreak your Ipad, the SkyGo app and BT Sports app will no longer work at all. I tried it not too long ago to get round the fact i couldn't do what you were wanting. Turns out Sky and BT are wise to it and it stops the apps working completely.