ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Internet issues

Anyone having issues with Sky Internet?

Mine keeps dropping like a b**ch, and having to reboot rooter all the time. This sometimes works and sometimes is doesn't.

Has previously been working perfectly.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yep, been perfect for six months but the last three weeks keeps dropping.

Was completely out for most of the day two weeks ago, so i contacted sky who blamed a BT problem in our area. They said I'd get text updates from BT but have had nothing. It's better but still going off several times a day.

This is sky unlimited (i.e. LLU, not crappy sky connect or whatever the bt wholesale product is called)

GTD, Lupo
I had nothing but issues with sky broadband and the router would drop every five minutes. BT chap came out and the line was fine. I ended up needing a little gizmo put inside the phone socket bit like an additional filter. Is your house old? Have you done a line check? If so put the results up it might indicate a problem.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
My exchange is not affected by that according to the checker. It's not slow either when it works, getting good speeds but the link itself is unstable.

182 Cup
last 2 weeks its been dropping a lot, but it seems more like router issues than anything else. mind, we are switching to virgin the 1st Feb.

172 cup
last 2 weeks its been dropping a lot, but it seems more like router issues than anything else. mind, we are switching to virgin the 1st Feb.

I would'nt, i've had sky unlimited in my gf's flat and it would lag all day long but not drop me.
I got virgin unlimted and was fine for couple months then all of a sudden it would'nt sign me xbox live, always dropping me from games, constant connection issues, crap wireless signal etc. Everytime i phoned to complain all i got was there is a problem in the area, I then demanded that they investigate further, the reply i got was virgin does'nt support xbox live even though it can still be used FLOL.

Anyway with bt infinity now and it's great, i had occasional dropping in the first week while setting up but now is fine. recommend it to anyone.

BMW F21 125d
Sky FTTC currently FTW.

Also had no problems when I was on copper/LLU but I told them what profile to put my line on to maintain stability vs outright speed.

OP what's your SNR and ATTN showing on your downstream on your router output?