ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skype rant !

Rav4
Been using Skype for around 5 years.

Never had real problems, sometimes outage but that's fine.

I was unable to login 5 days ago and thought maybe there was an issue, still unable to login, said I was using the wrong password, it's the same password as always, nothings changed.

I've asked for my password to be reset, but it doesn't recognise my email address, which is the one I registered with.

If you don't know your password and it doesn't accept your email address, you have no option but to create a new account, unless you have paid for services in the last 6 months, so they can authorise who you are ( I have never paid )

C*NTS.

Hmm....

Our CEO phoned up asking why her skype wouldn't work. She insisted we set it up but it wouldn't recognise her email for password reset.

Dodgy.

Rav4
Hmm....

Our CEO phoned up asking why her skype wouldn't work. She insisted we set it up but it wouldn't recognise her email for password reset.

Dodgy.

Same thing as me. I emailed Support and they would not help me out.

BMW E34 540i
I heard Microsoft purchased skype few weeks ago. Here is the answer to your problem ;)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Your Skype account has almost certainly been terminated for beach of terms and conditions. You can get this when you have multiple active Skype sessions from a single IP address (think, a few iPhones all running Skype).

We've had this before, contacted support only to get the following automated message:

"In accordance with paragraph 5.2 of the Skype End User License at http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/legal/eula/ (EULA), we have terminated your right to use the Skype software, and have prevented any further access to your Skype account, because you are in breach of paragraph 4.1 (c) of the EULA which prohibits the use of the Skype software to send unsolicited communications. Any Skype Credit that was in your account is non refundable."

You need to find a way of contacting customer services about this without going through a form which asks for your username, the moment you use one of those forms your email automatically gets filtered and won't get to support. The only way to get it resolved is to find a form or email address for customer support and give them the username in the message body.

Rav4
There is definitely something wrong with Skype.

Their customer support is actually shocking regarding this incident, they aren't listening to what I am saying and responding answers which aren't even applicable to my questions, I can tell as they have copied and pasted text, different colour.

I'll see how I get on.

Tom, you need to be less contemptuous........! ;)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
There is definitely something wrong with Skype.

Their customer support is actually shocking regarding this incident, they aren't listening to what I am saying and responding answers which aren't even applicable to my questions

That's got M$ written all over it, worst customer service Iv'e ever had to deal with.

Rav4
Update.

Unfortunately my primary email address was my old boltblue account, which sadly the service closed down in march 2011, so can't access my emails.

The system wasn't sending the password reminder, after speaking to someone in customer support via chat, it suddenly worked.?!

I had a secondary email address as my current google account, and I was then able to reset the password that way, after bugging the technical support guy for ages.

Problem solved.

Skype will be changing due to their recent acquisition.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
You sure its not you?
My skype phone has a MASSIVE fit when I move ISPs, you have to wipe the thing and start again.

Rav4
You sure its not you?
My skype phone has a MASSIVE fit when I move ISPs, you have to wipe the thing and start again.

Definitely. I'm back in the account, using it. Haven't reset my password. Haven't changed anything.