ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SL63 V Yamaha R1

worth a watch! Its insane!!! Having driven a SL65 before Im pretty certain this isnt faked, they are fast cars especially when de restricted!

Last edited by a moderator:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
About 185mph... Quite believable, I was chatting to a chap with a CL63 AMG who claimed his derestricted car was good for around 201mph speedo indicated top speed.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
299km/h = 185.79MPH

Trophy would out-do both them on the bends :rasp:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
R1 does a 1/4 mike in 10s, SL63 in 12s.

So yes the vid is possible, however, pushed to their limits I'd expect the R1 to be slightly faster to 185mph.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
If something went wrong your likely to be pretty f**ked either way, but IMO there is a big difference between speeding in a car and speeding on a bike, sat behind the wheel of the Merc I'd feel a lot more comfortable pressing on than on the bike.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The bloke on the R1 must be shifting like a flange. No disrespect to the SL they are properly quick.

0-100mph on the SL is a good 9.5-10 seconds whereas the R1 (depending on the model) is between 5-6 seconds. It's also a hell of a lot quicker to 60 with the right rider.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I can't see this ringing true. I remember being 2 up with my mate in his "32 ford coupe and racing a thou a couple years back. We were pulling past it below 120 with both rears spinning and then when we hooked up it was bye bye but it wasn't night and day. That car had 700hp+ depending how much C14 we had in it at the time and ran 9 second quarters. I can't see an autobahn super cruiser playing with a sport bike below 180 unless it is heavily played with. Just my opinion