ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slammed Clio! Lowest on Site!

Breaking A 172 Replica
Yeah I should be pissed, but for some reason I just laughed.

I think its because the car is going so shortly and I am breaking it anyway.

Sam

mk4 golf gttdi180
hmmm if i get a black clio ill have that at a gd price if youll do it ?:)
how come your breaking it and not selling it was it a bodge job when mended

Monaco 172
Do you smoke crack?

You realise a set of half decent axle stands will set you back all of £10...

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
i was using a trolly jack on block paving and did something like that, ounched the floor pan up.. doh..

you efforts better tho, just makes people unnderstand why you should use axle stand with all jobs..

Breaking A 172 Replica
How did you get it back up, if you don't mind me asking?

This was pretty tricky...

I just had to find somewhere on the subframe that would get a piece of metal under. I could then use this a lever to get it high enough to get the jack under the sill.

Took about 15 mins.

Sam

Audi TT 225
This reminds me of the episode of the simpsons where homers changing the oil and the cars jacked up with a wicker basket and barts kicking it...

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Think, if you were jacking that up on the motorway, and a truck went past and the wind blew around the car and caused it to topple. Ohh no. Hense why you stick a wheel under the car, incase it falls.

M

mini-valver

I think he's aware he should'nt have used a scissor jack now fellas, lol.

Monaco 172
You can get a pretty strudy pair of axle stands for £10. Always stick the wheels you have just taken off under the car as a back up.

I'm just glad you are reading that you did this rather than you just got back from the hospital with two broken legs.

If only they sold common sense in a pill.

LY 182
you serious? if i did something like that i sure as fook wouldn't have posted it on here
ruined disk, bent hub, cracked drum? never jack a car up in the middle like that let alone with a scissor jack
thought i took risks lol

G/W 200 and project Vdub
I did'nt think them things look safe i used mine the other day, but put a proper jack as back up

Breaking A 172 Replica
If I was generally upset then I wouldn't post it up on here.

Tbh though I just think its funny and worth a laugh!

Yeah - I guess I just took a big risk - I knew there was a chance of it happening of course!

Cheers for the lovely car comment - you can make yours look like it if you want the parts?

Sam

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I did a very similar thing when changing the gearbox on my old Chavalier although I did use axel stands.

I lifted the front end and placed the axel stands at the ends of the chassis rails. As I jacked the rear , the car began to move forwards as the axel stands were tipping over. I ended up with the car on the axel stands at 45 degrees, me swinging from the yet to be removed tow bar with one arm calling my dad with the other on my mobile.

I hate lifting a car off of all four wheels.

mk4 golf gttdi180
actually sam thinking of it sam i was jacking up my jeep witha hi-lift jack and the disc is about 1foot from the floor and it fell on the disc didnt bend or abything ded funny lol

please everyone remember we all make mistakes:)

mk4 golf gttdi180
I did a very similar thing when changing the gearbox on my old Chavalier although I did use axel stands.

I lifted the front end and placed the axel stands at the ends of the chassis rails. As I jacked the rear , the car began to move forwards as the axel stands were tipping over. I ended up with the car on the axel stands at 45 degrees, me swinging from the yet to be removed tow bar with one arm calling my dad with the other on my mobile.

len you got a 1.2 clio or 2.0

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

len you got a 1.2 clio or 2.0
It's a 172 but I like tricking people :evil:

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Good job your legs were not under the car when it fell, you should have put both wheels under the sills if you did'nt have axle stands mate if it did go it would drop onto the wheels instead of your leg/hand you can replace alloy wheels, glad your unhurt:nono:

Breaking A 172 Replica
Tbh I would rather it fall on its side than the superleggeras!!!!!!!

I love those alloys!

Just for the record I am not insane enough to go under the car with it on a scissor jack!

Sam