ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slammed please help

i took me car to bb and they said they lowered it by 1 click what does this equate to???????? iam running 15s and the tyre at the top of the rim is completley out of sight. is this really only the claimed 35 mm or more like 50mm please help.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

I will need to check the actual amount of MM travel per click of the torsion bar, but if memory serves me right, 1 click or spline of the torsion bar equates to approx 10mm of ride height.

The 4 bar suspension system requires a great deal of knowledge to get it right. Its all to do with spline offset. Incorrect alignment can cause problems including rear brake efficiency if not correctly configured.

Will get back with more accurate info.

BobRTE

thanks mate that makes my car only ten mm lower than standard!!!!!!!!!! do you no if the willy 1 is the same ride height as valvers it is supposed to be 515 mm from the bottom of the rim to the arch.

im pretty sure that one click is -35mm, i remember reading it here on a post only a few days ago! search around, cant rememebr the topic name but you should be able to find it!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol

a 16v 1 spline is either 25 or 35 mm

and on a clio it isnt a difficult or a job for a professional as i have done it my self and so have many others renault made the clio bar simple for people with caravans and trailors could rais it a click for when they have a heavy load on the back.

MalicE

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

I will check the EXACT figure at work tomorrow and post a definitve answer!

I may not be correct at the moment but I will return! 10mm to 35mm ?

For vehicles equipped with a brake compensator, they will need to be set up after suspension adjustments as well.

Ill be back

Arnold

Depends on which splines youre on about, the outside splines drop it about 80mm, and the inside splines drop the car about 20mm.:)

so ill never no what they f**ked about with!!!!!!!!! the tyre on the rear is totaly out of sight thats low!!!!! all advice is much apreicated.

You dont do it with splines, thats all just a myth.

Take out both torsion bars, move the beam to where you want it (roughly 30-40mm higher than it was) and knock the bars back in. They will be siezed if they have never been out before and you need a proper slide hammer or drive shaft puller.

Like most things, easy when youve done it once!

THANKS MATE IS IT QUITE EASEY THEN?????????MORE ADVICE NEEDE GOTA GO UP TOMORRA ITS SO LOW KNOW ANY COMPANY WHO CAN HELP ME

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Sorry to say this again BUT IT IS ALL TO DO WITH SPLINES!!!!!:mad:

Peter pan is myth, so is the fact that I have no idea what I am talking about!

The torsion bars have 20 splines at the central hub and 21 splines at the wheel end.

Configuring these splines gives different ride heights.

Call me stupid if you want. I will get back with the official results!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Cheers for the vote of confidence BONDY.

I will get the exact figures very soon! And the method for changing ride height! Honest!

Laters

Stoooopid bobRTE

Jack up the back of the car. Support on stands under the chassis somewhere.

Off with the back wheels and the black caps on the ends of the bars. (one each side) this exposes the bars.

Loosen the plastic clips that hold the brake cables to the bars. (under the car). Measure the distance between somewhere on the hub and a fixed point on the body.

Bolt a slide hammer or drive shaft puller onto the thread of the bar that is now showing. Apply loads of WD40! Pull/hit the bar until it becomes lose and begines to come out. Do this both sides or remove one completely and knock the other out with a smaller diameter bar. I used a 106 anti-roll bar.

Now jack up the hub so that the measurement you just took is now smaller by the amount you wish to lower the car. If raising the car, add the amount you wish to raise it by.

knock the bars back in with the beam in position and tighten the clips again and put on some wheels. Drop it to the ground and see what it looks like!

thanks for that mate you make it sound simple you done it before???????????????? can you f**k it up doing it diy?????????????

bondy. measure from the centre of ya wheel to the bottom of ya outer arch and ill measure mine, then the difference is how far its dropped. simple.

There is a how 2 with pictures somewhere on the site cannot remember who did it but it went through the whole process of DIY adjusting your torsion bar, no help to you know but!!

THANKS BEN MINE IS ABOUT 24 AND A HALF CENTIMETRES OR 9 AND 5 EIGHTS OF AN INCH THANKS MATE PS IS YOUR CAR LOWERED IF SO HOW MUCH AND CAN YOU MEASURE THE FRONT FOR ME THANKS MATE

as for the front. mine is lowered and i dont know by how much??!! so anyone on standard height to measure from centre of front wheel to bottom of arch please...

i thought each spline was -35mm, and a willy does sit slightly lower than a valver, and its got a slightly wider track apparently aswell

splines are strange things.... thats y the only way to know is to measure it like this....

cse, r u lowered. f not can u measure your front for us please