ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight Image Change for my 172!

172 Ph2
I think there's a fine line between subtle and boring! My Dad has a silver 172 that's standard and it looks a bit naff really. I think the cup spoilers and Turini's are a must! The fact mine sits lower helps with the look of agression! The 40 profile Yoko's look way better than my dads 45 profile Toyo's too, they're like tractor tyres! I wanted the car to look special but not stand out too much! It's a tricky balance!

You can hardly call 45 profile tyres tall lol...TBH 40 profile tyres must compromise the ride and these days with more and more potholes everywhere I wouldn't risk it.

The 45 yoko's pretty big sidewalls! The Parada 40's are neater looking. I'm not too fussed about the look of tyres though;) It's down to how they perform really! I've only ever had 40/205's on my 172 can't compare their ride quality! They seen fine though! The Paradas are very grippy in both wet and dry and I've been well impressed with them. As they only do them in 40 profile I thought I'd give them a go. I've also hit some very nasty pot-holes with them (and with the FK's!!) and thought I'd done a rim or tyre, so far so good though!

Chocolate Bar™
hmmm i liked the blue bits think it made the car a bit more individual instead of like all the other black 172's with turinis.

still a nice car though

172 Ph2
hmmm i liked the blue bits think it made the car a bit more individual instead of like all the other black 172's with turinis.

still a nice car though

Cheers for the props mate;). I've not seen any other black 172 with Turini's around my way:S Are there loads about then??:dapprove:

There are things that just work and things that don't. There's no point in trying to be different just for the sake of it! If you want to be different then owning a clio isn't the best start is it??????? Clios are a mass produced car and no matter how you mod them you're not really being that different! You can mod a car how you want (different wheels, badges,gearkonobs etc), but you're still ultimately conforming to the same small set of rules and boundries!

I always like to apply tried and tested formulas, at least you know thinks will work out;) Turini's are a light wheel. Light wheel=less un-sprung weight! This=better suspension performance. Be it black badges or blue badges, turinis work! I don't feel the need to stand out, infact I'd prefer not too! (I did like the blue badges though;) )

Chocolate Bar™
theres a few around my way, and a load on here. I just think that turinis have got to the stage now where they're almost becoming a standard acccessory on 172s, and that most people feel they have to 'conform' instead of trying new things, thats how new ideas and trends start.

However i do agree that turinis are one of the best sets of wheels for the car, and i do like the stealth look of the black badges, and fair play for making the car your own!

172 Ph2
theres a few around my way, and a load on here. I just think that turinis have got to the stage now where they're almost becoming a standard acccessory on 172s, and that most people feel they have to 'conform' instead of trying new things, thats how new ideas and trends start.

However i do agree that turinis are one of the best sets of wheels for the car, and i do like the stealth look of the black badges, and fair play for making the car your own!

I know what you're saying! Sorry about the above rant, I was in a strange mood at the time I wrote that;) ! The Turinis were on the car when I got it and the blue bits were not quite to my liking! Thats basically the score:approve: I prefer it now and see no need to remove the Turinis. Although I do like the look of the white 15" speedlines that they fit to the clio cup cars. Not very stealth but defineately something I'm thinking about (not cos I now think Turinis are commen:D ).

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
looks sweet that, i did love the blue tbh,

but it was his thing and now u have made it your thing so fair enuf. Love the stealth mmmm

Clio 172 mk2

They just suit the car 100%

If I get any new wheels for my 172 it will be a set of Turinis as they look factory fitted...like they are supposed to be on the car unlike the crome/bling shite that some people ruin their cars with.

No more clio's for me!
Loving it Mark :clap:

So glad this car has gone to a good home...and so glad you changed the blue bits, i loved the blue but it always reminded me it was mine, but now its black it looks like a completely different car now. :D