ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight Image Change for my 172!

172 Ph2
When I bought my 172 off of Danny it had been treated to some racing blue badges and dash strips and I have never been 100% sure about them. They looked a little strange and it seemed most people either loved them or hated them. They did seem to draw a lot of extra attention to the car and I was always a little woried about leaving it in certain places. This prompted me to go a little steath! I've colour-coded all of the badges and interior strips to match the body and have painted the previously scuffed centre caps the same colour too. I know this doesn't sound a lot but it has given the car a much more subltle look that I'm hoping will stop it standing out quite so much! I also needed to give the car a little personal touch of my own. The blue bits were Danny's blue bits! Sorry to take them away mate;)

side2.jpg

rearside.jpg

rear3142.jpg

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
looks good though i would paint the 2ltr in silver imo

BMW M3
Probably looks better in real life but the badges seriously need to be silver. Dont liek the wheels etiher but up to you...

stunning, loved it when dannyboy had it, love it more now with the stealth zorst and the black bits (sos danny lol)

jamie

172 Ph2
Guess the calipers will have to be next:D I'm glad PPl like it, I wasn't quite sure if it would be better, the 'blue bits' were cool but the black is much more what I like, nice and subtle! I think the Zorst is fine, just sits a bit low, I'll check it tomorrow though;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
love it, was never a fan of the blue bits, much better, sits at a nice hight too ;)

172 Ph2
That looks great.....wish my car was black now.

I spend an hour and a half cleaning it yesterday. Drove 3 miles down the road, went through a puddle, now it's filthy again! It's not all good having a black car;)

Clio 172 mk2
That looks great.....wish my car was black now.

I spend an hour and a half cleaning it yesterday. Drove 3 miles down the road, went through a puddle, now it's filthy again! It's not all good having a black car;)

I used to own a black car and they just look so good when clean.....problem is they do show the dirt so much:(

I own a silver 172 now so can get away with being slack a bit more when it comes to cleaning it.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Fooking sexual

LOVE IT!!!!

i like 172's for the fact they look like sleepers anyway, but this one is awesome

172 Ph2
I think there's a fine line between subtle and boring! My Dad has a silver 172 that's standard and it looks a bit naff really. I think the cup spoilers and Turini's are a must! The fact mine sits lower helps with the look of agression! The 40 profile Yoko's look way better than my dads 45 profile Toyo's too, they're like tractor tyres! I wanted the car to look special but not stand out too much! It's a tricky balance!

172 Ph2
Ace!

Looks like the arse is about to fall out of your exhaust centre section though. lol

Just checked it and all is fine, although it does look a bit funny from the side. The centre box does run level to the floor and then the rear pipe has to go up and over the rear beam. This is why it looks odd! The angle of the sill doesn't help!

IMG_4569.gif

IMG_4577.gif

Clio 172 mk2
I think there's a fine line between subtle and boring! My Dad has a silver 172 that's standard and it looks a bit naff really. I think the cup spoilers and Turini's are a must! The fact mine sits lower helps with the look of agression! The 40 profile Yoko's look way better than my dads 45 profile Toyo's too, they're like tractor tyres! I wanted the car to look special but not stand out too much! It's a tricky balance!

You can hardly call 45 profile tyres tall lol...TBH 40 profile tyres must compromise the ride and these days with more and more potholes everywhere I wouldn't risk it.