ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slow 197

BMW M3
Ive not had any fun with a 197 yet. Yet to see one driving on the road.

But, I managed to keep up with that special edition Golf gti so im not too worried.

Any idea what gear, speed or revs you were at. If you were in 4th, 5th or 6th..... at 50 mph that will be your answer.

106 Gti are pretty nippy. Was driving one between all the Jim Clark Rally stages last year (which requires fast driving to get on time) and was a great little car. Only about 120 i think but they weight so little.

ff 182
man i know how he feels i got done by a fecking" people carrier " off all things on the m1 a few weeks ago. was doing about 80..90..and this thing just came up , so i booted it and the damn thing stuck with me all the time then took me the guy was pissin is self.....and my cars runing fine dunno what the hell was in that thing but it was flying lol

BMW M3
Will be some Turbo D power mate. Or maybe even the Ford S-max. They are fast. Eitherway, we cant beat much in 5th lol

clio 197
it will loosen up after a few more mile then see paul at RS Tuning and get it remapped,the extra lbst feel loads better.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
How much is it to get it remaped on a 172? I 2 havn't layed yet with 197, my mate has a 106 xsi done a few things to it and it keeps up with me

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
So to get your run in, you basicly got to give it some hard welly'n, once your car has reached say eg 50k miles that's it it's over your car has reached it's peak performance std of course even though you give it welly all the time?

Clio v6
hi, there i have only a few weeks ago purchased my very own clio! it is a 197 in red, looks stunning, cost enough as well. i wouldnt say im an experienced driver or anything, but i couldnt believe it when i couldnt get past this pug 106 gti down the A52!!:mad: my car just wouldnt keep up!!!
Ahhhh i felt humiliated and then to top it off some guy in a 182 flew past me as well!:mad: :mad: what am i doing wrong???? maybe i need a tune up?:lolup:

any ideas?

thanks, cleo

Well I'm no expert in these matters, but maybe your car is really a diesel?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
So to get your run in, you basicly got to give it some hard welly'n, once your car has reached say eg 50k miles that's it it's over your car has reached it's peak performance std of course even though you give it welly all the time?

Takes a couple of thousand miles for a mass produced engine to properly bed in, and that's why you shouldn't take it to high revs in that time, they say 4k rpm just to be safe. The more miles you do, the better it's going to get until parts start wearing out.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Will be some Turbo D power mate. Or maybe even the Ford S-max. They are fast. Eitherway, we cant beat much in 5th lol

Dont forget the vauxhall zafira 2.0litre turbo-200BHP!
But if your in 5th, forget dropping to 4th-try 3rd then your notice clio power lol

Der Panzer
I for one would have thought that a diesel Renault would have sounded rather obvious. An you're redline is about 1500 revs lower.

Is this thread actually for real, or are you actually "cleochick" and know fuckall about cars in general other than they come in blue or red and you can add pink bits?

Obsessive

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
You didn't buy a Clio because you're called Cleo I hope.

Not like those few unfortunate soles called Xsara who buy Citroens or... Any other cars named like people??

My name is Tw*tstick.......

I'm thinking of buying a VXR, does this count?

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
106gtis are far from slow as with vts's.

Ive had 3 106's a clio172 and a clio182 and i can definatley vouch that the 106's are far from slow.

Infact when i sold my last 106 in trade for the first clio i was abit disappointed with the performance to be honest, my 106 was mod'd but the clio just didnt have that wow factor.

Yes std vs std the clio is the "slightly" faster car, but put a couple of mod's on a 106 and they will be all over you if not coming past!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I for one would have thought that a diesel Renault would have sounded rather obvious. An you're redline is about 1500 revs lower.

Is this thread actually for real, or are you actually "cleochick" and know f**kall about cars in general other than they come in blue or red and you can add pink bits?

Wow, can you sound more bitter?

Whats up? You got 197 envy or you just got something against girls?

BMW M3
What happened to the other of her threads. I thought this slow (diesel) 197 thread was just a pi$$ take.

She said she found out her 197 was actually a diesel and hence why its slow...? Have i missed something?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
People who really want a 197 maybe?

There is no right or wrong mindedness about it....its called personal preference...a novel idea don't you think?

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
l;ol, just thought yo'd bring it back from the dead, so anyone else got a 197 disel, i may be interest in purchasing one hahahahahaha